Pennsylvania PA antique vehicle tags

KennyV

Is anyone here familiar with Pennsylvania antique vehicle laws?
i have a ‘97 Tj its lifted with 37s and lots of other modifications, it says in the rules and regulations that it must be maintained to the manufacturers specifications, its not by any means at that level. Does anyone know how strict they are with these things?

I am not sure about PA but in Tennessee they either could care less or will write you a ticket, just depends on the area and the troopers around mostly city and county could care less here.

Is anyone here familiar with Pennsylvania antique vehicle laws?
i have a ‘97 Tj its lifted with 37s and lots of other modifications, it says in the rules and regulations that it must be maintained to the manufacturers specifications, its not by any means at that level. Does anyone know how strict they are with these things?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with antique plates on a vehicle that clearly does not meet the requirements?

The law is pretty clear on what antique registration plates require which is basically stock, & if you look at the application for these plates it requires you to certify that this is the case. Lying on the application is a criminal offense, in fact it's potentially two, so I guess my question is does it really matter how strict they are with these things, the question is are you willing to risk a criminal charge or two?

Pennsylvania law enforcement is not monolithic, no state's law enforcement is, so no matter how small the risk is it's still there and for what, to save a couple bucks on insurance or annual registration fees?