Paint sprayer

FirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I am wanting to paint my Jeep and was wondering if this sprayer would do the job. I’m not looking for a professional paint job, I’m pretty much just wanting to make it look better than it does now.
0FF204BB-21F2-408D-AFCC-3552C2F474B8.jpeg
6889FE96-D00D-444F-BD5D-A0894060131F.jpeg

C64AC533-52B7-4571-AA9E-735F64824B67.jpeg

I would say it probably would not turn out like you hope. Those airless types are designed more for latex and thick bodied paint. The type for a auto is very thin and needs good control of the air/paint mix. I had a guy paint my hood with a HF sprayer ($40ish??) and he did a fair job with it. The bifg deal was the prep and the actual quality of the paint. It was a auto specific paint that he had mixed using my paint code.

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...y-guns/32-oz-siphon-feed-spray-gun-56981.html

I'd use that to paint a fence or deck and not much more. You'd be better off using spray cans. Siphon Feed Spray Guns are fine, but need a ton of air to paint an entire car. Unless you have something that plugs into 220v, you probably don't have enough compressor.

I'd use that to paint a fence or deck and not much more. You'd be better off using spray cans. Siphon Feed Spray Guns are fine, but need a ton of air to paint an entire car. Unless you have something that plugs into 220v, you probably don't have enough compressor.
True, it is an air hog, but I would say 5cfm is plenty. If he used a gravity gun (not fun on a vehicle but doable), he could get away with 3cfm probably.

I use an Iwata gravity/cup gun often for ceramic coatings. The bigger the part, the harder it is to use the gravity gun, it spills or leaks out the equalizing hole on me or the ground LOL.

Reactions: Potomus Pete
i would use that to color a fence or deck and no longer lots greater. you'd be better off using spray cans. Siphon Feed Spray guns are pleasant, however want a ton of air to color an entire automobile. I am going to share this thread https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/paint-russia gosloto-sprayer.59772/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. except you have some thing that plugs into 220v, you likely don't have enough compressor.