Paraplegic Jeeper active in helping to protecting our sport needs our help

Jerry Bransford

Retired to more relaxed pastures... bye.
Supporting Member
Ladies and gentlemen, we have an opportunity to help a Jeeper in need who is extremely active in our 4x4 community.

Many of you, especially in the Southwest, may know her or know of her, Angela (aka Angie) Cook. She's an active supporter of causes that help support our sport and spends much of her free time traveling to events and conferences to help with issues that affect us as offroaders. I've known her for nearly 20 years and she's just one of those really good people.

She is also responsible for having raising big $$$ for charitable causes like disabled/paralyzed US military veterans for many years. Even though Angela is a paraplegic herself, she gives a lot more than she receives!

On top of all she does for us, she is paralyzed from the waist down and requires a motorized wheelchair to get around. Angela has been a paraplegic since a rollover accident in the desert many years. She still has her indomitable spirit though... feisty as heck and just fun to be around. She doesn't let her disability get in her way.

She is forced to live with her elderly retired parents on social security and disability. She's also one of California's CA4WD representatives who travels throughout the state attending conferences and generally is very active with keeping our wheeling trails open. She has organized and put on charitable fundraising 4x4 events to raise funds for disabled US military veterans. Member of many pro-offroad lobbying organizations... all while in an electric wheel chair. She is (was) constantly on the road to go to 4x4/offroad related conferences where she is often a speaker.

But something did recently happen that has stranded her. Here's the reason for the Gofundme... her specially equipped van that she also used to tow her Jeep with just blew its diesel engine. $12,500 just to buy a replacement crate engine, and $3500 just to remove the old engine. That is because with that model Ford van, the engine is bolted to the chassis and then the body is lowered down onto the chassis afterward during manufacturing.

That is her sole means of getting around and without it, she's a prisoner in her elderly parent's home.

For that reason, a Gofundme account was created for her... she needs all the help she can get. She has been supportive of us through her tireless efforts to help protect our ability to enjoy our outdoor recreational areas, let's please support her in this time of need.

Please donate generously to Angela's Gofundme at http://www.gofundme.com/asms6xxg

It's only been going for 24 hours and it's already up over $1300. We really need to try to raise as close to $20k to get her and her specially equipped van back on the road, maybe even more.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and StG58
Very kind of you, she's a great woman and heaven knows how much she has done for us wheelers over many years... she more than deserves any support she can get from us. :)

Reactions: Chris
I'll be sure to donate. You should tell Angela about this forum as well. It would be nice to have someone as active in the 4x4 community as her!

Any chance she has a paypal account I could send a donation to? I can do the gofundme but I hate that because they keep so much of the donation. A lady in our city recently set one up for a homeless man that's been in the city for like 15+ years and was beaten badly by 2 teenagers that had moved to the area. Once she raised enough to cover the expected surgery for his leg she said gofundme kept quite a bit of the money in fees. I don't know the percentage but I guess I could research it.

Here you go -
While it's free to create and share your online fundraising campaign, GoFundMe will deduct a 5% fee from each donation that you receive. if by any chance she has payplal I'll send as a family request otherwise I'll add a little extra to the go fund me to cover the fee

That's very kind of you and thank you but unfortunately, Angela does not have a PayPal account. She had a big problem with PayPal years ago and refuses to use it for anything anymore.