Park lights, tail lights and dash lights not working but everything else is

Jackson S

Hi, this is my first post here;
but getting into it, i recently installed new headlights on my 2001 tj. the new lights are the stedi carbon 7 inch headlights and they are LED. When i put them in the park lights, dash lights and tail lights stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine and the problem only started happening once i put the new lights in. I thought that it might be because i took the globes out of the old halogen lights and left the plugs for them just open. but once i put the old park globes back in (the new lights are still there but the cables for the park lights are just hanging there without a globe) to see what would happen. still no lights came on. ive checked all the fuses and i am not sure why nothing is working. Any help is appreciated.

I’d recheck the fuses. I’ve had this happen before. I believe it’s fuse 1 behind the glove box.

IF you find the fuse recommended above to not be the problem; then take a look at the Multi Function Switch and the harnesses.
You can access the MFS by removing the 3 screws from the plastic clam shells surrounding the steering column.

Did you wire the 4th wire into the parking lamps? Need more info about what you did. Upload some pictures. If you just plugged the simple headlights into the headlight plug then that’s different. If you spliced that 4th wire into the parking lights then you probably at some point shorted the parking lamp circuit put which killed the fuse that controls all of those. If that’s the case then you need to take a closer look at the fuses and test them for continuity.

Am I also taking this to mean that you are deleting the parking lamps/turn signals in the fenders when you say the globes are removed and left dangling?

Did you wire the 4th wire into the parking lamps? Need more info about what you did. Upload some pictures. If you just plugged the simple headlights into the headlight plug then that’s different. If you spliced that 4th wire into the parking lights then you probably at some point shorted the parking lamp circuit put which killed the fuse that controls all of those. If that’s the case then you need to take a closer look at the fuses and test them for continuity.

Am I also taking this to mean that you are deleting the parking lamps/turn signals in the fenders when you say the globes are removed and left dangling?
So the original cables for the park lamps cant connect to the new lights. so to make sure everything is still in circuit i put the bulbs in there. and the 4th wire is for the drl and that will be wired into the ignition later.

tha
IF you find the fuse recommended above to not be the problem; then take a look at the Multi Function Switch and the harnesses.
You can access the MFS by removing the 3 screws from the plastic clam shells surrounding the steering column.
thankyou, ill try that

So the original cables for the park lamps cant connect to the new lights. so to make sure everything is still in circuit i put the bulbs in there. and the 4th wire is for the drl and that will be wired into the ignition later.
You're replacing headlights....why are the parking lights part of this? Can you please post some pics of what you've got going on?

Hi, this is my first post here;
but getting into it, i recently installed new headlights on my 2001 tj. the new lights are the stedi carbon 7 inch headlights and they are LED. When i put them in the park lights, dash lights and tail lights stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine and the problem only started happening once i put the new lights in. I thought that it might be because i took the globes out of the old halogen lights and left the plugs for them just open. but once i put the old park globes back in (the new lights are still there but the cables for the park lights are just hanging there without a globe) to see what would happen. still no lights came on. ive checked all the fuses and i am not sure why nothing is working. Any help is appreciated.
Update. i fixed it. idk how but slamming the door fixed it.