Parking brake issue

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
Howdy All
What brand replacement parts are you folks installing on your rigs ?
•I’m disappointed with the NAPA replacement brake shoes that I installed with brand new NAPA rotors ( incl. new cables)
• the arc of the shoes doesn’t match the drum, therefore i get very limited holding power
• I’d have to send the old shoes out to get relined
• has anybody installed a driveline brake ?

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

I used cheap ass autozone park brake shoes and centric rotors. I had the same issue.
I used a file to bring down the hign spots on the shoes. Everything works fine now.
Napa park brake cables fit perfect with no issues.

Reactions: DETOUR
I used cheap ass autozone park brake shoes and centric rotors. I had the same issue.
I used a file to bring down the hign spots on the shoes. Everything works fine now.
Napa park brake cables fit perfect with no issues.
Williambmac
Our local Jeep dealership informed me , that in 2019 Jeep quit the production of the park brake cables including the center one
• LORDCO, NAPA and PAT’s AUTO are unable to supply me with the Center cable, that runs from the park brake lever
• I haven’t tried ROCKAUTO or anybody else
• what’s your two bits on this scenario ?

DETOUR
~•lllllll•~ 👋🏿

Williambmac
Our local Jeep dealership informed me , that in 2019 Jeep quit the production of the park brake cables including the center one
• LORDCO, NAPA and PAT’s AUTO are unable to supply me with the Center cable, that runs from the park brake lever

DETOUR
~•lllllll•~ 👋🏿
1640746327326.jpeg

Williambmac

DETOUR
~•lllllll•~ 👋🏿
https://www.quadratec.com/products/56207_0030.htm

Reactions: DETOUR
Howdy All
What brand replacement parts are you folks installing on your rigs ?
•I’m disappointed with the NAPA replacement brake shoes that I installed with brand new NAPA rotors ( incl. new cables)
• the arc of the shoes doesn’t match the drum, therefore i get very limited holding power
• I’d have to send the old shoes out to get relined
• has anybody installed a driveline brake ?

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿
@mrblaine sells parking brakes and cables.