Passed Emissions

I’m so happy we have no emissions where I live... or inspections. It’s truly a refreshing feeling compared to where I used to live.

Reactions: VallenMaes
I’m so happy we have no emissions where I live... or inspections. It’s truly a refreshing feeling compared to where I used to live.

Cali? Side note, I'm pretty sure WA tried to follow CA on guidelines, but loosened up the testing parameters a couple years back. I think all they check for now are working O2 sensors lol

Reactions: Squatch
Congrats! I used to always stress about emissions testing. Here in Washington state, they used to have these mobile mechanics who would "tune" your vehicle to pass...guaranteed...for $26. When you were done, you just drive back around to the guy, and he would make the adjustments back to where it ran properly by your standards (not by what the testing station said it was supposed to be). When I was running some fairly modified set-ups, this was a great way to get around the sniff-test emissions. They later changed it to doing visuals as well as sniff-test. Then I was screwed...

Reactions: VallenMaes
Well not all of California requires a smog test every other year, it's a county by county requirement based on county smog levels. All vehicles do however need to pass a smog test on most title transfers though.

I don't think I have ever lived in a place where I didn't get emissioned and it is a mess. We even had to get our motorcycled emissioned here too for a while. They never passed. I always have to spend so much money to make shit pass. Like power commanders on my motorcycles. I would zero out the map go pass then put the map back. Seems like a worthless test huh? My Harley I had to take to Harley ever year pay 200 bucks to have the detune it to make it pass then tune it back so it wouldn't over heat and run right. They finally abolished the motorcycle checks here which saves me a ton of money.

I always had to jump through hoops to get my vehicles to pass, but my stock tj did it the first time.

Cali? Side note, I'm pretty sure WA tried to follow CA on guidelines, but loosened up the testing parameters a couple years back. I think all they check for now are working O2 sensors lol
I've always maintained that Washington just wants to be considered a part of northern California...

Congrats! I used to always stress about emissions testing. Here in Washington state, they used to have these mobile mechanics who would "tune" your vehicle to pass...guaranteed...for $26. When you were done, you just drive back around to the guy, and he would make the adjustments back to where it ran properly by your standards (not by what the testing station said it was supposed to be). When I was running some fairly modified set-ups, this was a great way to get around the sniff-test emissions. They later changed it to doing visuals as well as sniff-test. Then I was screwed...

That is one of the reasons why I moved. I used to own a house near you in Lynnwood.

Nope, Portland. Okay, so it was just DEQ, but that was always such a hassle and I always seemed to fail it! Salem has no emissions, so it’s much easier.

In Ontario we have to get cars that are 7 years old going back to 1988 tested every other year before we can get our licence plate renewed. 1987 and earlier cars - no test. It used to cost $30 per test. it was nothing but a cash grab as very few cars failed. Last year the Province made the test free to the vehicle owner. The government now reimburses the garage where it was done the $30. Therefore, whether or not you drive a vehicle a small amount of your taxes pay for emissions test ... again for cars, most of which pass without any problem. Utter nonsense.

Washington has testing stations exclusively for Nissan Leafs and Teslas. For some reason, they all pass. I suspect a conspiracy is afoot... :rolleyes:
WTF? that sounds like a bunch of bullshit

Here in az we emission all cars older than 5 years and newer than 1966 every other year. There is outlying areas where they don't test but they are so far out nobody actually lives there. Well very few. They used to emissions motorcycles. They don't now luckily because my Honda cbr 1000 was due in June and I used to have to wait in line with my engine running standing there for hours in July when it was 118 degrees and no shade. They didn't even offer water. It was horrible. Luckily we don't have to do that anymore.