Passenger door won't unlock

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
My passenger door lock has been stuck locked for a while. I rarely lock the jeep at all but did at one point and can't get it unlocked. I took the inner panel off the half door to see what needs to move and I can see the lock mechanism that needs to move up and to the rear but I can't get it to do that at all. Any advice?

If you pull the inside door handle you should be able to move the lock rod back unlocked.

Inside door lock handle and key lock same issue, no positive movement towards unlock. I have the door skin off now and can't even move the lock mechanism by hand.

Inside door lock handle and key lock same issue, no positive movement towards unlock. I have the door skin off now and can't even move the lock mechanism by hand.

Send a picture, I had something similar when I replaced my outside door handle. And to clarify, when I said pull the inside door handle I meant remove it so you have access to the rods.

Well after lots of wiggling we got it worked out. I was actually able to get the passenger door skin off while the door was closed and locked. Then we were able to manipulate the lock mechanism and after blowing everything out with air compressor. In the past I had the door skins off a couple of times and used "new clips". Seems that these new clips break very easily and a small piece had lodged itself in the lock mechanism preventing it from completely unlocking. There is a clip location just above the latch.