Passenger side mirror issue

JackDirt

Supporting Member
The passenger side mirror on my 2001 is not staying in place. Every couple of trips I have to adjust it. I don't see a way to tighten it up, but is there one?

I was looking at getting a replacement and a friend suggested I get a 2003+ model. Said it would fit and be more substantial than the earlier ones. Anyone done this? Anyone have any other suggestions?

The passenger side mirror on my 2001 is not staying in place. Every couple of trips I have to adjust it. I don't see a way to tighten it up, but is there one?

I was looking at getting a replacement and a friend suggested I get a 2003+ model. Said it would fit and be more substantial than the earlier ones. Anyone done this? Anyone have any other suggestions?

I don’t have your style of mirrors, but I thought there was a nut or screw or something on the underside that you can tighten up.

My 04 TJ came with full doors and the new style plastic mirrors. The half doors I bought came with old style mirrors. Drove me nuts. I could not tighten them so they wouldn't flop around. So, I put the new style on those as well. They are more fragile than the old metal ones. I broke one last year on a trail. No big deal, they're only around $18 on Amazon. Worth the no floppin headache.

I feel your pain, mine does it too. I call it my lazy mirror. I personally like the early style mirror, a quick search will help you decide which style you like better. Both styles can be had for not much money so it's all a matter of preference

Mine get off after closing the doors 8-10 times. Since I am the only one who drives my 98 TJ, I was considering getting them where I wanted and thinking of some type of glue to help hold them in place or trying to inject or work in some Vibra-tite into them to hold during the door slam jar.

Mine get off after closing the doors 8-10 times. Since I am the only one who drives my 98 TJ, I was considering getting them where I wanted and thinking of some type of glue to help hold them in place or trying to inject or work in some Vibra-tite into them to hold during the door slam jar.

Black silicone generally works at holding stuff in place and should blend in pretty good with those black mirrors.

Reactions: 801 Driver