Passenger side rear axle droop

Reckless_Tj

So first time ever putting in a lift. Installing the RockJock lift CE9801HS. After installing rear arms and using track bar relocation bracket with the original track bar the axle at full droop leans to passenger side and droops more on passenger side. I have double adjustable uppers and tried to set the pinion for lining up track bar bushing for limited binding.

Is this normal?
If not ideas?

Here is a picture for reference.

Screenshot_20220119-235055-831.png

I'm not sure I didn't torque it to spec just tightened to get an idea to cycle the axle for shocks.
I can’t see anything else attached. If it’s not binding the TB at the axle end, then I can just ask if any of the following are bolted up to cause it not to droop.
Shocks? Don’t see them, but it’s dark. Springs? Don’t see them either

Driveshaft? Shouldn’t matter
Sway bar?
Control arms should only be torqued on the ground, which could be your problem.

Check those control arms and loosen the bolts.

If they’re loose on one end it should be fine. If both ends are tight, then yes, loosen just to eliminate. Pics of the rear suspension would help.

In the end you do want to loosen the upper on both ends and torque them when it’s back on the ground

Last edited:
If they’re loose on one end it should be fine. If both ends are tight, then yes, loosen. Pics of the rear suspension would help.

Drive line is removed, sway bar is removed and upper control arms are only ones torqued to frame side. Should I loosen them?
Ok so loosed the control arms and still does it. I can lift up passenger side of axle by hand and driver side drops no problem.
If they’re loose on one end it should be fine. If both ends are tight, then yes, loosen. Pics of the rear suspension would help.

In the end you do want to loosen the upper on both ends and torque them when it’s back on the ground
Thank you. I feel maybe it's a normal motion cause I don't see anything binding. I'm stumped.

Reactions: srimes
The track bar will restrict motion on the driver's side, but not that much. I'd check to make sure the track bar isn't interfering with the gas tank skid. Something isn't allowing it to pivot at the frame side.

Your control arms shouldn't have anything to do with the lack of droop, now that you have Johnny joints on all ends.

Watching this thread. I was having a similar issue. My driver side wouldn’t droop the last 1” of my shock travel. I’m pretty sure I got it fixed but I’ll be checking this weekend to be sure. This might give me some ideas to try if it isn’t fixed.

Disconnect one end of your track bar. If the axle drops, that was what was holding it up. Then at least you'll know what's causing it.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Ok so loosed the control arms and still does it. I can lift up passenger side of axle by hand and driver side drops no problem.

Thank you. I feel maybe it's a normal motion cause I don't see anything binding. I'm stumped.
It’s not normal. Post some pics.

It’s factory. I looked up his Kit and it’s made to work with factory TB.
I think the TB is just resisting at the bushings, if it were an adjustable he could back the jamb nut off and the bar wouldn't bind.

Reactions: JMT
Ok so I removed the track bar from axle side and yep it was the track bar holding it up. So since my lift works with the original track bar and the Rockjock relocation bracket I believe the droop to one side is normal then? Like I said once the passenger side starts to flex upward the driver side then drops. I'm assuming once on ground and tires are on it will be fine?

Reactions: DrDmoney