PCM and P0344

Tmoran82

I have a 2006 Jeep Rubicon. I had a issue with error code P0344 camshaft sensor. I changed it with a mopar replacement. Then I got code p0168 and p0602 that also said bus cap open. Searched high and low and found all pcm issues. I bought to my mechanic he said pcm it’s out of stock back order can’t find. Well I found one. It’s a plug and play. I had mechanic at my job install it and the Jeep perfectly started up and ran like a dream. Hours later it was morning I start it, it cranked 3 times hard then fired up. Error code p0602 again bus cap. Took to mechanic and they cleared the codes it ran ran amazing again. Tonight 10pm error code p0168 and P0344 again. Back to square one. You think I got a bad ground somewhere a bad wire. It runs but bucks and jumps I take foot off gas then go. Sometimes not over 40-45 if it does it feels weak. Losing my mind with it

Hmmm, sounds to me like you may have a short in the wire somewhere or something. I doubt that it's the PCM again, as that would bar very unlikely.

I suppose it's also possible that you could have somehow gotten a faulty CPS replacement. Unlikely, but definitely possible.

Reactions: skrelnik
Hmmm, sounds to me like you may have a short in the wire somewhere or something. I doubt that it's the PCM again, as that would bar very unlikely.

I suppose it's also possible that you could have somehow gotten a faulty CPS replacement. Unlikely, but definitely possible.
The same thing I am thinking. I’m no mechanic but a little knowledge to not get screwed. Drove it to work this morning no issues but check engine light on and it beeps. Do you think my OPDA needs to be adjusted? It drove fine a lil rough start in the morning but as I can feel

The same thing I am thinking. I’m no mechanic but a little knowledge to not get screwed. Drove it to work this morning no issues but check engine light on and it beeps. Do you think my OPDA needs to be adjusted? It drove fine a lil rough start in the morning but as I can feel

Did you at any point remove your OPDA and put it back in or install a new one?

I'm just a bit surprised that a mechanic can't figure this out. I mean isn't that their job?

If the OPDA hasn't been messed with, then your timing is certainly not off.

Might be time to find a new mechanic.

Kinda having same issues.

I have a 2.5L 2000tj and I was pulling codes for either a bad CPK or can sensor.
Read some threads and watched some videos was recommended that I changed the cpk.
I did boom pulled the codes 2 days later then I noticed my distributor was super loose to move got it put back in the right spot and tightened up and run good for two. Three weeks
Last week I'm driving about 60-70 mph in 4th about 28k-35k rpms my Jeep like jumped kinda felt like a missfire and kept doing it every now and then when I accelerated.
Take it to my local buddy and Midas and we end up changing my whole distributor set up had 3 cracked plugs changed those as well.
Went home drove for a day and then boom did it again on the same amount of speed and rpms.

Mechanic finally felt the issue today after it was bucking at me every 2 minutes or so on the highway. Taking it in tomorrow morning first thing. Here's to hoping we find it! I will keep y'all updated Incase it helps!

Kinda having same issues.

I have a 2.5L 2000tj and I was pulling codes for either a bad CPK or can sensor.
Read some threads and watched some videos was recommended that I changed the cpk.
I did boom pulled the codes 2 days later then I noticed my distributor was super loose to move got it put back in the right spot and tightened up and run good for two. Three weeks
Last week I'm driving about 60-70 mph in 4th about 28k-35k rpms my Jeep like jumped kinda felt like a missfire and kept doing it every now and then when I accelerated.
Take it to my local buddy and Midas and we end up changing my whole distributor set up had 3 cracked plugs changed those as well.
Went home drove for a day and then boom did it again on the same amount of speed and rpms.

Mechanic finally felt the issue today after it was bucking at me every 2 minutes or so on the highway. Taking it in tomorrow morning first thing. Here's to hoping we find it! I will keep y'all updated Incase it helps!
You find anything? The mechanic at my job had a 05 4.0 and it did the same shit to him. It was a bad ground from cam to pcm

You find anything? The mechanic at my job had a 05 4.0 and it did the same shit to him. It was a bad ground from cam to pcm

Never figured it out about last week I didn't drive it for a week or two.
Last Thursday I was fed up of being nervous to drive it and always worrying. Ended up selling her to the dealer and bought a 04 Rubicon. Cut my loses and went with the more power and back into a payment but I'm happy so far

Yeah man I hear ya on that my 06
Never figured it out about last week I didn't drive it for a week or two.
Last Thursday I was fed up of being nervous to drive it and always worrying. Ended up selling her to the dealer and bought a 04 Rubicon. Cut my loses and went with the more power and back into a payment but I'm happy so far
I hear that I love my 06 but i hate the bucking shit. It comes when I’m like this Jeep is running great!!! Days the engine light goes off days it’s on. Sometimes letting it roll off a cliff seems proper