Florida PCM repair in South Florida

medicnole

Does anyone know somewhere in South Florida with a quick turnaround to get a PCM either repaired or replaced that isn't overly priced? and can someone tell me if this is true or not, I was told by two places now that the particular computer for my Jeep is one of the most expensive ones because there are hardly any originals left? I have an 06 65th anniversary edition manual TJ transmission Jeep

Reactions: Wranglerfix
What issues are you having that is leading to the recommendation of replacing the ECU?

Hate to intervene Mark..but his avatar has a dog coming out of his ear...that might be something to keep an eye on.

• Haha
Reactions: Wranglerfix
@5632

An ecu is an electronic control unit and an ecm is an engine control module. They are the same thing but called different names depending on what year your Jeep is.

The PCM is a Powertrain Control Module which combines the engine and transmission control modules.

@5632

An ecu is an electronic control unit and an ecm is an engine control module. They are the same thing but called different names depending on what year your Jeep is.

The PCM is a Powertrain Control Module which combines the engine and transmission control modules.
Florida man explains engine control systems, racks up on the TJ Forum.

Has anyone bought a pcm to have as a spare. I know it’s a lot of money to keep on the shelve. But I feel like it will happen eventually to mine and I want to be prepared.
I have had several customers buy a 2nd pcm from me. The ultimate in preparedness!

Reactions: qslim
I have had several customers buy a 2nd pcm from me. The ultimate in preparedness!
Hey Mark, pretend I don't know anything & explain if you can why these PCM issues seem to affect the older models? I have a '99 and it doesn't seem like we see a lot of issues with those PCMs. Am I wrong? Just trying to learn....

2005-06 were engineering nightmare years for Chrysler. Wrangler’s, any 4.7, 5.7 and 6.1 L vehicles are ticking time bombs with pcms.

I made this photo extemporaneously on three common failures on the “older” Jeeps. Too much voltage and shorts are usually the culprit.

From top to bottom are:

IAC Control driver

Coil driver

Dual injector driver
FEBA25A7-5039-4919-BB96-E9C24AC50F24.jpeg

Hopefully this helps a little bit.

Reactions: qslim and 06lj
Our pcm is configured for a stock Wrangler. You can adjust tires, speedometer and gears. You cannot tune, flash or program our pcm.

We do not use the oem part in our solution and are able to make repairs to them In the event there are any issues.

My pcms have been on the road over two years with little issues. I can safely say that my pcm is a solid, proven solution.

My advice would be to inspect your wiring periodically and change the battery if it’s over a year old. The TJ’s are very temperamental on voltage and little spikes can kill the ecm.

Lastly, I strongly discourage jumping a dead battery. The slightest voltage spike will send your ecm to Secaucus and back.

Reactions: 06lj
Curious about this as well. I have a rebuilt Mopar unit but have no idea who they used or what was "rebuilt".
Certain issues were able to be repaired until the processors and other components became scarce.

What is the repair date on the sticker?