Photos of Jeep Wrangler TJs with 1-2" wheel spacers?

Here's mine with 1.25" wheel spacers:

IMG_2511.JPG

These are 2" spacers on my stock '99. Jeep a work in progress. Someone on here can calculate your backspacing based on rim backspace, tire size and spacer. To see if it's gonna rub. But I don't know the math equation.

But I just went with 2". As you can see from Chris' pics my 2" don't stick out that much farther than 1.25"s. I went this route as I wanted to make sure I didn't rub. My last set of rims and wheels rubbed. It was a pain. Now I have my full turning radius back with these new rims, tires and spacers. Only drawback is your going to end up with tire beyond your fender flares. Which is illegal in some states. Not sure how much they check that. Some states have annual inspections. But you can always get wider flares.

These wheel and tires cost me $300 for the entire set. Plus $100 for the spacers. I couldn't pass up spending that extra money on other areas of the Jeep right now. As I need alot of other work done. The black steel wheels and tires that I want are around $900 delivered. And another $50 installed (walmart).

20190119_161932.jpg

20190119_161941.jpg

20190119_162306.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RonnieS
This pic shows how much mine stick out past the flares...32x11.5 tires on stock ravine wheels (5.5 BS) with 1.5" spacers:

View attachment 73642
@PapaWhiskey33 - That's a great look...
I'm keeping my Ravines and going to 32 or 33 x 11.5s as soon as these tires wear out.
Do you have any rubbing @ your passenger front tire with your 1.5" spacers when you crank your steering hard right while moving forward or backward?

@PapaWhiskey33 - That's a great look...
I'm keeping my Ravines and going to 32 or 33 x 11.5s as soon as these tires wear out.
Do you have any rubbing @ your passenger front tire with your 1.5" spacers when you crank your steering hard right while moving forward or backward?

Thanks! I currently don't have any rubbing. My TJ had very slight rubbing on my passenger side LCA with stock suspension and 31x10.5s, so I figured the spacers would help when I went to 2" lift and 1" taller/wider tires. I love the ravines, had to keep 'em:). My only tiny issue is with the spray on the jeep with the tires out past the flares. Not a big deal, but I'm hoping to eventually get some rubicon flares to solve that one...one more thing to add to the list:rolleyes:. Haha!

Reactions: KCsTJ
The above wheels are 15x8, don't remember back spacing. I was getting some rubbing on tight turns. No longer have any rubbing. I did add front studs to the rear wheel hubs because the rear studs weren't long enough to thread the nut completely on.

The purpose of wheel spacers is to fix a problem. The problem is that the chosen rims have too much back spacing and the tires rub. Asking for a picture of jeeps with wheel spacers doesn't really show anything. I could show you my Jeep with 4" backspaced rims with 2" spacers which would be the same as a 2" backspaced wheel. Or I could show you my Jeep with 5" backspaced rims with 1" spacers and it'd be the same as a 4" backspaced rim.

I’m thinking of backspacers to give my jeep a wider wms to help with stability. I currently do not have any tire rub. I do not want to risk bending my stock axels while wheeling. Tia for opinions on this subject.