Picked up an E-class wagon

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
It is a 2008 E63 AMG. Superb, low mileage rig with only 60K on the clock. Zero rust, perfect inside and out. Been pulling full maintenance on it before I take it out for a true torture test, but it does pull like a freight train. So far, new oil & filter, tranny fluid & filter, air filters, spark plugs, flushed the coolant and replaced, all new rotors and pads. Will flush the brake fluid as well. I haven't put 50 miles on it yet, but I like it.

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

It is a 2008 E63 AMG. Superb, low mileage rig with only 60K on the clock. Zero rust, perfect inside and out. Been pulling full maintenance on it before I take it out for a true torture test, but it does pull like a freight train. So far, new oil & filter, tranny fluid & filter, air filters, spark plugs, flushed the coolant and replaced, all new rotors and pads. Will flush the brake fluid as well. I haven't put 50 miles on it yet, but I like it.

View attachment 256087

View attachment 256088

View attachment 256089
Will that be legal to import back to the states when you come back?

Doubt I can bring it home. This has Japanese specs. The US is very protective of the car market. I could not import my TJ. While this one has the 6.3 AMG package, it sadly does not have that engine. Only the M273 5.5 liter. I will have to suffer with only 385 horse power. I has a throaty deep growl (factory AMG exhaust) and takes corners like a champ.

It had a couple initial fault codes, but after the maintenance and new battery the codes did not return. It mainly needed to be driven.
All that is left to do is a new stereo head. I ordered all the bits. Not a simple task as the current Harman Kardon speaker/amp system has fiber optics. I will prevail. I am surprised by the reasonable price of MB parts here.

I really want an audi A6 all road, but wagons and minivans are two things my wife doesn't want in the driveway.
Can agree with the minivan. They drive like crap and always felt uncomfortable.

I took the wife to Germany for a week. We rented a Audi A6 Avant the entire week. The fog lifted and my wife finally understood my love of Wagons.

Reactions: Mike_H
Can agree with the minivan. They drive like crap and always felt uncomfortable.

I took the wife to Germany for a week. We rented a Audi A6 Avant the entire week. The fog lifted and my wife finally understood my love of Wagons.
We have a Q5. I can't get her to understand the difference between that and an A6 allroad. They are both wagons...just the all road has a slightly longer profile (the better to carry her garage sale finds I've said!)

One of my coworkers has a 2015, 5 series, manual, diesel BMW. I love that ride, and wish we could buy a better car selection in the states.

Last edited: