Pics request: Bedrug with saddle interior

jrmcafee

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As far as I can tell, Bedrug comes in one color. Like the attributes and reviews but wondering how that grey/charcoal is going to look with the saddle interior and seats?

Does anyone have this setup and like it? Share pics if you don’t mind.

csSgeX4.jpg

psUd3e1.jpg

thanks @Irun @randy328 !

It looks darker than I expected, which is good! Very nice!

@Irun from your teardown pic it looks like the rear seat latches are covered up. Did you or @randy328 have to cut into the material to expose them?
I didn't have to cut anything. FWIW, I've installed BedRug in the last 4 Jeeps and have a set to go into the latest one. The neutral color goes with anything and the quality is top notch.

@Irun i was planning to pull the trigger because they look like they’re here in TN and I want to support the home team if I can. This pushed it over the edge. Excellent.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
thanks @Irun @randy328 !

It looks darker than I expected, which is good! Very nice!

@Irun from your teardown pic it looks like the rear seat latches are covered up. Did you or @randy328 have to cut into the material to expose them?
IIRC, you do have to make some cuts or trimming for certain configurations, but the back of the bed rug has markings (they call them score lines) as to where to cut if needed.

I replaced the seats at the same time and also added a Tuffy console insert, so I took all the seats and the console out before installing the Bedrug, which made it real easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrmcafee
Hey man your vehicles always standout...Does that material hold everything like the factory Velcro carpet wants to or does it release and clean easy
Super easy to clean and doesn't get that musty smell if it sits wet. I've used in in every Jeep, and even in my previous truck bed for over 7 years. Absolutely love it and am a huge fan!

Reactions: jrmcafee and JMT
Just finished Bedrug, Bartacs and WeatherTechs in our '05 LJR this morning. Looks like a new car! Interior is Agate so everything is shades of charcoal and black.

That Bedrug is a PIA to cut. Had a brand-new utility knife and it was like cutting it with a boiled hot dog. Ended up putting my thinnest cutoff wheel on the angle grinder and it cut like butter. Also cauterizes the little threads so the cut edge is nice and sharp.

Just finished Bedrug, Bartacs and WeatherTechs in our '05 LJR this morning. Looks like a new car! Interior is Agate so everything is shades of charcoal and black.

That Bedrug is a PIA to cut. Had a brand-new utility knife and it was like cutting it with a boiled hot dog. Ended up putting my thinnest cutoff wheel on the angle grinder and it cut like butter. Also cauterizes the little threads so the cut edge is nice and sharp.
That’s a good tip. Just bought a new angle grinder and cutoff wheel, so that will work well. Wonder why it’s so tough to cut with a utility knife? I guess that’s a trade off for water resistance.

That’s a good tip. Just bought a new angle grinder and cutoff wheel, so that will work well. Wonder why it’s so tough to cut with a utility knife? I guess that’s a trade off for water resistance.
The foam backing is easy enough to cut — it's the 'pile' that is like trying to cut a hundred little plastic hairs at the same time. It completely chokes a knife blade, and neither nice scissors nor a set of tin snips could touch it. If you have a big piece of plywood to cut on, you can get through it with a lot of downward pressure, but cutting it freehand otherwise is impossible.

The bottom edge of the rear wheel well/side 'hump' pieces will be too long, and will interfere with the rear seat rails. I had to cut about 1 1/2" off the bottom of each side. Took about 15 seconds with the cutoff wheel. Same with the cutouts in the cargo area piece for the seatbelts and the rear seat rails.

Super easy to clean and doesn't get that musty smell if it sits wet. I've used in in every Jeep, and even in my previous truck bed for over 7 years. Absolutely love it and am a huge fan!
Make sure im thinking right..bed rug and not bed tred correct?
thank you