Pioneer single DIN media player

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This seems like an interesting choice for those that want a screen with a single DIN receiver.
Pioneer Single DIN media receiver

Anyone here seen this in person? My only thoughts are I would hate to block any of the AC airflow, and the Pioneer ARC App for my Son's receiver really is pretty poorly coded. Other than that I think this is an interesting option for those not wanting to go double din.

Definitely an interesting stereo. Too bad it doesn't have wireless charging. Ironically, this is one of those features I never thought I would give a crap about, but I got a wireless charging phone holder a while back and have loved not having to mess with plugging in when I get in the Jeep. I just slap the phone down and it snaps into place where it charges up.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/iottie...hield-car-mount-black/6031806.p?skuId=6031806

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Reactions: Chris
The lack of a rear USB port is an issue for me, and it seems Pioneer has mostly abandoned that. My several years old Pioneer Media player in my Jeep has it, and I much prefer it, but then again, I run a USB thumb drive for music and have no need to plug and unplug it very often. The other issue I have with this particular unit, is only 4 preamp outs, no dedicated sub out.

At least for me, the phones screen would get washed out most of the time anyway, as my top is usually off. A thumb drive works well enough for me, that I have no desire to attach my phone to my head unit every time I get in it.