Poison spyder trail cage

hockeyjeep38

hey guys,

I am looking for some pictures of the trail cage installed. I just had my cage welded up and the bar across the dash seems way way too high but that seemed to be the only way it fit in. I am wondering if it was coped wrong or I just was having a brain freeze. I tried searching but didn't see any pictures, just comments about the cage or comparisons. Thanks in advance!

sorry, forgot to include them!

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
I would call poison spider. I'm sure they will be willing to answer any questions and provide photos. @DrDmoney has a cage. Not sure which one tho.

Next time I suggest tack welding everything in place until you're happy with it's placement. It'll make your life easier.

I think it's supposed to be "rolled" down more over the defroster vent to block it and make that trim piece difficult to remove:

poison_spyder_trail_cage_installed_2.jpg

@toximus I was not there when it was welded. I know they tacked it and then took it out to weld. Wish it was left tacked until I got to see it.

@mikalcarbine i agree, I wanted to confirm before I went and made changes. They said it didn’t fit the other way. Of course that was my dad 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks for the feed back guys. Wish I was able to be present when they were putting it together but I had 2 driver side header Bars sent, so it put me back a couple days and Had to go back to work.

Just finished the full cage in mine not too long ago... that’s definitely not at the right angle... mine sits about an inch above that trim piece

That should definitely be lower. I think you would need about an inch or so minimum to get the trim piece out without removing the cage to do so. There are a couple screws under it that need to be removed to take the center dash out.

hey guys,

I am looking for some pictures of the trail cage installed. I just had my cage welded up and the bar across the dash seems way way too high but that seemed to be the only way it fit in. I am wondering if it was coped wrong or I just was having a brain freeze. I tried searching but didn't see any pictures, just comments about the cage or comparisons. Thanks in advance!
Yeah the dash bar is upside down it should be just barely over the top of the dash