Which Trackbar should I get?

• Metalcloak

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Currie w/ 1/2" housing bolt

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Other, post below.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
There is a general disdain for all things Metalcloak on this forum, much like Jeep Forum. I'll let you connect the dots.
Chris has their suspension lift listed among the top three along with Savvy, Currie and OME. This isn't Rough Country we're talking about here, or even Terraflex.

There is a general disdain for all things Metalcloak on this forum, much like Jeep Forum. I'll let you connect the dots.
I own MetalCloak products, the trackbar will not be one of them.

Why all the hate on the MC track bar. I have it, and no problems, it's solid. What happened to someone once?
I'm the only one speaking so I guess you are talking to me lol. Again I said it was a good track bar, but when it got down to my own personal preference, I opted to go with the more expensive, proven trackbar. I own other products from MC, I just didn't want their trackbar.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Chris has their suspension lift listed among the top three along with Savvy, Currie and OME. This isn't Rough Country we're talking about here, or even Terraflex.
Again, I never said its a bad product or a bad company. MC makes some top notch stuff, I feel like I'm repeating myself here, it was a personal preference to go with the Currie track bar.

FYI, I did that because those a$$hats at JF and WF blocked this forum. They started some war with me (I don't know why), where if you post a link to this site on their forum, it's censored out. So, I did it right back to them.

The guys who run those forums are a corporation who owns tons of internet forums. I just refer to them as corporate a$$holes. Starting a war for no reason... pshhhh.

Chris this is your forum so you obviously get to do what you want, but blocking the links to those sites on this forum ultimately is just hurting the people who have decided to make this home. If there is useful information to be shared from one of those sites within the context of a thread in progress I don't really see the harm in it. Ultimately people are going to spend time on the sites they feel most comfortable, and there is a core group that's decided it is here.

Reactions: Tob and JP98
Chris this is your forum so you obviously get to do what you want, but blocking the links to those sites on this forum ultimately is just hurting the people who have decided to make this home. If there is useful information to be shared from one of those sites within the context of a thread in progress I don't really see the harm in it. Ultimately people are going to spend time on the sites they feel most comfortable, and there is a core group that's decided it is here.

I don't disagree, but maybe someone should say the same thing to the corporate idiots who own JF and WF?

But yeah, it's been long enough that I'll probably just lift the censorship. It just grinds my gears that they did that to begin with, you know?

The fact that they did that is a contributing factor (among a lot of others, though) as to why I won't spend any time on JF or WF just looking. I would only access those sites if there was a thread specific to an issue I was researching.

Interesting that companies always try some "super joint" when the stock track bar rubber bushings last 100k miles or more. I get that they are trying to add movement but seemingly at the expense of reliability. You really don't want the trackbar to break driving down the hwy. That would make for a wild ride:eek:
Do you believe a push-in rubber bushing like the OE track bar uses is going to hold up longer and be safer than a steel ball & cup joint with polyurethane races held in by a heavy-duty steel snap-ring as used by the Johnny Joint shown below?

ce-9111.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave52
Aha! Now I see what Rough Country was trying to emulate with their X-flex joint...thanks for the close-up view!

I have to give RC a little credit, however. They've redesigned the joint to eliminate the threaded washer idea. It's now similar to the above photo, but nowhere near the quality of the components.

How does the Currie front track bar mount to the frame side?

Nice buy! They're expensive, but I promise you that you'll be incredibly impressed when you hold it in person. It's quite the beef cake!

It's replacing my rancho quick disconnects that came with my lift and suspension package. No more getting dirty while messing with that!

It's replacing my rancho quick disconnects that came with my lift and suspension package. No more getting dirty while messing with that!

Yep, and you'll love it once you wheel with it. It truly is far superior to disconnects. I've owned both, and the Currie Antirock is truly a must have for any serious TJ owner.

Reactions: Rob5589
Do you believe a push-in rubber bushing like the OE track bar uses is going to hold up longer and be safer than a steel ball & cup joint with polyurethane races held in by a heavy-duty steel snap-ring as used by the Johnny Joint shown below?
The stock rubber bushings can go 100K or more so I would ask; how long can the JJ last? I honestly have no idea.