Poor Jeep didn't stand a chance

Awwww poor guy...he wouldn't have seen that coming at all...nowhere to go

Years ago the wife of a fellow I worked was killed in a situation just like that. It happens fairly often. A month or so ago guy near here who happened to be an off duty police officer on his way home was charged when one of his wheels flew off.

I'm honestly not sure what the law is here. A lot of shops include a message on their invoice telling you to come back in a few weeks or __ kms to have your wheels retorqued. I take care of my own and when I do one vehicle or trailer I usually do them all just to be sure.

Last edited:
Frightening. I hope the Jeep occupants were ok- the amount of inertia that thing must have had seems massive.

Pic of Jeep
1564146473348.png

It's almost like the tire was looking for an angry bird grille...

Seriously, though, my parents had a near miss with an oncoming runaway truck tire when I was a kid...missed their car by inches. Scary stuff, that.

Ouch. I saw that happen to a semi on interstate 77 in South Carolina.The wheel came off a mid 80’s Grand Prix. The semi’s front end exploded just like the Jeeps.

The scary part is apparently this is happening at a way more frequent rate than I expected.
Exactly! Pretty freaky really! I’m surprised the damage doesn’t look much worse after seeing what looked like it exploding on the video.

The scary part is apparently this is happening at a way more frequent rate than I expected.
This was a huge problem in Canada 20 years ago. Enforcement cracked down. More inspections. Charges to whoever was installing the tires. It is not a problem anymore up here.

Wonder if the guy dropped his cell phone.

This one looks like the wheel bearing came apart.

Probably ten years ago we had a fatality in our city that occurred just like this. Talk about a crazy unfortunate way to go...