Popping noise turning hard right

I got a weird popping noise when I turn hard right it’s like a very rapid popping and sometimes it’d jerk my steering if I do it too much kinda odd been chasing it for about a week now U joints are new kinda like a rubber/plastic sound I have a 3.25 lift and 33s and they don’t hit anything idk what it could be I’m thinking track bar but no clue

Is anything new, or did this start out of the blue with no changes to the rig?

If it’s at a tight turn only I’d check to see if your tires are rubbing on something as an easy first thing to check.

If it’s any turn then it’s likely something else.

My rig makes popping sounds going left, right or center.

Take a look at your axle Ujoints too, just to be sure. Both tire rubbing and a failing Ujoint can cause the sound and feel in the wheel. Sound is a relative term but the feel in the wheel is tangible.

If it's not something in the steering or u joints, check the passenger side spring. Look to see if the spring is contacting the shock tower. I had popping noise I chased for awhile and it turned out to be the spring binding against the metal and releasing. You'll need to have someone turn the wheel back and fourth while you check it.

gstkna1-jpg.jpg

Is anything new, or did this start out of the blue with no changes to the rig?

If it’s at a tight turn only I’d check to see if your tires are rubbing on something as an easy first thing to check.

If it’s any turn then it’s likely something else.
Nothing new just happened out of the blue

Ya, that sounds like a tire lug grabbing onto something. Look at your brake lines too, make sure they are not in the way. Can you identify which side it is coming from? Does it happen sitting still or just moving?

Reactions: BugoutJeep
Ya, that sounds like a tire lug grabbing onto something. Look at your brake lines too, make sure they are not in the way. Can you identify which side it is coming from? Does it happen sitting still or just moving?
Just moving to the right driver side front it’ll also do it when I accelerate from a stop used to make noise when flexing a little.

Last edited:
Noise is back I’m just stumped honestly I got no clue it literally sounds like plastic hitting metal and it only makes that noise when I turn right it doesn’t make it when I turn left idk what’s plastic on the Jeep that could do that