Popping sound when turning

Tinytim14

So I have a rough country long arm kit (5.5 inch) with a 1.25 body lift in hearing a popping sound so I thought it was the steering box its self so I replaced it a Durango box (wow works great) and found that my stock box was way broken but the popping is still there when turning I should add so i had my gf turn my wheel back and forth for a while and now am thinking its the steering shaft ( when something breaks upgrade) do i need the bearing on the shaft I have found some that dont should I get a new stock one or get a bigger one im about to get 1 ton steering and a new g2 dana 44 front I want to get 37s my dana 35 is about to find a new home I have a rock jock 60 on the way. Anyways thoughts on the popping and whats up with the bearing

I'm going to say knuckle u joints
Yeah, if he is rolling forward or back, but not as likely if standing still. My plow truck's ball joints were so bad that it didnt want to turn the knuckle... and it made one hell of a racket when I did get the steering wheel to move.

jack the jeep up from the axle, put the front on jack stands and start moving things....if you have to use a piece of hose and put it to your ear like a stethoscope. if your camber changes, then you have a ball joint for sure as a problem. it could also be a tie rod hitting something...or just bad.

I'll give that a try but it drives super straight and it just had an ailment all was good that was in nov. 2018 when in the car it sounds like its from behind the steering wheel but out sid ethe car it sounds like its in the frame rail on the drivers side