Power being shut off to California

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
Yes you heard it right, PG&E our power company is stating that some time tomorrow the power will be turned off to over 1 million customers. As I am sure everyone knows CA has had many wild fires the last few years. They are predicting high winds, high temps and high fire danger, so they are shutting down the power grids to reduce the chance of fires.

Filled the cars with gas, picked up a few bags of ice and got lots of small $$$ and took my pistol out just in case.

WOW just saw this on the PG&E site

"While customers in high fire-threat areas are more likely to be affected, any of PG&E's more than 5 million electric customers could have their power shut off. "

• Wow
Reactions: hyperdub808
Yes you heard it right, PG&E our power company is stating that some time tomorrow the power will be turned off to over 1 million customers. As I am sure everyone knows CA has had many wild fires the last few years. They are predicting high winds, high temps and high fire danger, so they are shutting down the power grids to reduce the chance of fires.

Filled the cars with gas, picked up a few bags of ice and got lots of small $$$ and took my pistol out just in case.

I knew our infrastructure was in need of maintenance, but never expected our power to be shut off like a third world country.

Reactions: reddvltj and chad
Wow did they say for how long ...couple hours or the whole day ?

Most people are ill prepared for the loss of public utilities for more than a few hours. Always keep the scatter gun handy as well. You have a lot of nuisance varmints in that state. Alternate buckshot and slugs in the tube.
Yea my 9mm is at my sons home so I will be picking it up in the morning. You just never know about looters

Reactions: reddvltj
All those taxes you pay in California and you have to deal with them shutting off your power? Sheesh

On a more serious note however, I hope you guys don't have to deal with any wildfires like last year. I'm getting so sick and tired of reading about wildfires.

Supposedly I'll still have power in Martinez. Our girl's school/daycare may be without power though. I work in Alamo and it seems like it will be spared also.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Supposedly I'll still have power in Martinez. Our girl's school/daycare may be without power though. I work in Alamo and it seems like it will be spared also.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
Where are you getting such detailed info from ??

Everyone is so sue happy here in California. When a tree limb falls on a power line in high winds, and starts a fire, they want to sue P.G. & E. No one wants a fire. So now in high winds, P.G. & E. throws the big "off" switch. After the winds stop, then they go out and inspect all the lines to make sure nothing is damaged. After they get the okay then they throw the "on" switch. I knew this was going to happen. So about 8 months ago I had my house wired so I can plug in a large generator to it and run everything in my home, refrigerator, my 2 freezers, TV, the pump in my well for water, everything. So today I went to town and got extra fuel for the generator.

My home in Arnold CA is set up the same way, my generator will power everything except the hot tub. Now my home in the Bay Area is not set up, so if the power goes out I may just pack up some food and head out.

Why are people loading guns? Bad neighborhoods? CA sounds like a garbage area or at least parts of it, if you need to have a gun ready to kill a neighbor. Sounds worse than Beirut.

Also, a 9mm for home protection? Wouldn't a shotgun be a better choice for the house?

Reactions: pagrey
Wow, we lose power from time to time in the rural area I live in, but never has it been shut down purposely. Looks like I sold my pg&e stock at the right time.

Reactions: DWR