Power steering lines...

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
I noticed a couple months ago that my lines were VERY dirty and that I was low on fluid. Since the Jeep is blown apart right now, getting a bunch of new stuff, I examined the P/S system a little more closely. What I found is not good, I think. My High Pressure line doesn't look like its routed properly because the jacket has worn away in a couple spots. I think the leak is coming from the return line. It had a dumb Oetiker clamp on it, instead of a constant force clamp and its pretty tight to try and get in there to give the Oetiker a squeeze to try and tighten it.

What say you Jeep Peeps? How much of this needs to be replaced?

20180203_204114.jpg

20180203_204132.jpg

If someone could take a picture of the top of the reservoir and how that steel tubing comes around, it would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
Your images aren't working. Don't copy and paste the Google links, download the images to your desktop, then upload them directly to the forum. Your Google privacy permissions are likely causing them to not show up.

I'd probably replace the entire lines, just to be safe. Then again, I'm pretty anal and OCD.