Power stop brakes clicking sound

AG10

Hello, I recently replaced my front and rear brakes (calipers, pads, and rotors). When completing the install I have a 'clicking' sound going on when I go from park to drive, along with a clicking sound when pressing the brake pedal. It isn't every time but happens often. Any ideas? TIA

Do the bleed process again. Based on your description it “sounds” as if the pads are traveling more than they need. Bleeding them and having the fluid at proper level should stop the clicking, if everything was installed properly.

Do the bleed process again. Based on your description it “sounds” as if the pads are traveling more than they need. Bleeding them and having the fluid at proper level should stop the clicking, if everything was installed properly.
Fascinating. Can you expound a bit on the mechanics behind that?

Can you describe the sound more and symptoms? Is it rotational (changes with speed)?

I had discount put the weights in the zone I told them they couldn't a bunch of times - so the weights would click when they touched the caliper. Then when they finally "got it right" they only made contact when braking since the caliper moves a bit. It's an easy thing to check for at least.

Can you describe the sound more and symptoms? Is it rotational (changes with speed)?

I had discount put the weights in the zone I told them they couldn't a bunch of times - so the weights would click when they touched the caliper. Then when they finally "got it right" they only made contact when braking since the caliper moves a bit. It's an easy thing to check for at least.
It is not rotational, The sound is a legit clicking noise when putting the jeep in drive from park or from park to reverse. Occasionally when driving if/when I apply the brakes and let off they will click again. Not every time, sometimes.

It is not rotational, The sound is a legit clicking noise when putting the jeep in drive from park or from park to reverse. Occasionally when driving if/when I apply the brakes and let off they will click again. Not every time, sometimes.
Was any other work done recently? This doesn't sound like the brakes then to me other than being a coincidence.

Was any other work done recently? This doesn't sound like the brakes then to me other than being a coincidence.
I've done a ton of work recently.... total brake job (pads rotors calipers, new suspension, transfer case drop. I did take the rear axle yolk off and back on. I'll try and get a video. Maybe that will help!

If you put it in park, engine off, parking brake off, and rock it back and forth - do you hear the clicking?

if not, put it in park, parking brake on, rock it back and forth, and see if it clicks. Try this in neutral as well.

If you put it in park, engine off, parking brake off, and rock it back and forth - do you hear the clicking?

if not, put it in park, parking brake on, rock it back and forth, and see if it clicks. Try this in neutral as well.
So I parked it engine off parking brake off rocked it back and fourth and the clicking was present…I got a video as well.

I can’t view your video for some reason, but can you now tell where the click is originating?

Sounds like a linkage issue, have you checked all the control arms, trackbar, and sway link connections?

I saw your PM, and can see the video. Get under the rig and have someone else rock it back and forth, and see if you can tell where the click is originating. Hard for us to tell from the video.

My Jeep does the same. Mine is a mixture of things. Worn aftermarket sway bar end links clicked when the Jeep was rocked back and forth. That was an easy fix. The differentials make noise when the drive shafts hit resistance when rocked. I believe it is due to excessive backlash in them but I am no mechanic. Where my rear driveshaft and transfercase meets makes a noise at the same time as the diffs when rocked back and forth. I don’t have a slip yoke eliminator but probably need one. The Jeep drives just fine and doesn’t make noise when driving only when rocked. I’m curious to find what is making the noise on yours.

Reactions: AG10