Power Window Question

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I’m a member of a Tahoe-Yukon forum, but responses are so slow I thought I’d ask this easy question to my Jeep peeps.

Can just one window up-down switch be bad in a panel like this? Only the one with the arrow doesn’t work. That’s the drivers side window, which gets used the most, of course.
8981A58C-A265-4B64-88F7-D0D0C100DE3B.jpeg

I’m a member of a Tahoe-Yukon forum, but responses are so slow I thought I’d ask this easy question to my Jeep peeps.

Can just one window up-down switch be bad in a panel like this? Only the one with the arrow doesn’t work. That’s the drivers side window, which gets used the most, of course.
View attachment 53119
Yeah it happens alot. If autozone is priced high. You can go to the junkyard and get them cheep

My Lincoln had the same issue. Bought the driver's side control panel (used) with all the switches off Ebay for $30. That gave me not only the one switch I needed, but three extras (all the same switch). Just a thought.

Reactions: JMT
Yes! Happened on an old vehicle we used to own, where only one switch went bad, but it was an entire assembly like that where you had to replace the entire thing.

Yes! Happened on an old vehicle we used to own, where only one switch went bad, but it was an entire assembly like that where you had to replace the entire thing.
Yep, this one requires the entire assembly. Amazon has the cheapest I can find, free shipping, but not on Prime.

Thanks to all for help. Looks like I’m ponying up for one of these bad boys so I can fix a modern convenience that drives me nuts! Power windows!? Arghhh.

Reactions: Chris
My Avalanche had that happen. On a whim, I took it out and blasted it with a can of electrical contact cleaner. Worked fine for 4 more years until I got rid of it. Might work for you too.

Reactions: Squatch
My Avalanche had that happen. On a whim, I took it out and blasted it with a can of electrical contact cleaner. Worked fine for 4 more years until I got rid of it. Might work for you too.
Thanks for that. The part is coming in soon, but I might give that a shot before changing it out. Why toss a good part if it can be salvaged? Much appreciated.

Reactions: tquig01
Just installed Electric-Life power windows. Easy install, work perfectly, fast. I mounted the driver double switch on the console front & chunked the passenger switch. Now, need a 5 pin quick disconnect to take doors off. Anybody done this ? Looks like 14 awg wire.