Preferred TPS brands

jrmcafee

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
There is a possibility I'll need to replace my throttle position sensor. Not a huge price gamut but enough to ask the question. I know NGK/NTK is the preferred component for plugs and o2 sensors. How about TPS?

Looks like Duralast comes in around $25, Standard ignition at $55, NTK at $62, Dorman at $67, and Mopar at $80. Is there a real difference and which option is the most appropriate?

OME (Mopar) is highly recommended and everyone here will tell you that. However, I replaced mime with Standard brand and have had no problems whatsoever. In my personal opinion it is the best of the other choices out there.

I needed one immediately and didn't have time to wait on shipping as OME was out of stock and shipping times were abysmal due to the Chi-Com lung AIDS.

Standard is made in Mexico where as the others are made in China. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Reactions: jrmcafee
Mopar is the best if you can find it. I don’t know about TPS specifically but the supply of Mopar Parts is really starting to dwindle. For things I can’t get Mopar, I typically rely on Napa’s premium line, the “Echlin” brand. Have not had one failure yet and I’ve seen many others report the same success online. I did use a TPS from O’Reilly once and it fell apart on me a few months later when I was busy working on something else and unplugged the connector.

Haven’t used Duralast for sensors but their other parts haven’t ever failed me. It’s always been O’Reilly stuff that failed me, from sensors, to hydraulic clutch linkages, and starters. Duralast seems to have several levels of quality available for most parts, and their upper level seems to be decent for the most part. Their lower level stuff is probably no better than and may even be the same as the junk I’ve received from O’Reilly.

Reactions: jrmcafee