Prep before installing corner armor?

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have a pair of GenRight corner armor that I am prepping to install soon. I am curious to know what can/should be done to prevent the body from rusting behind the corner armor.

What have others done?

Thanks,

Reactions: reddvltj
I'm interested in the answer too. Mine came with corners installed and I plan to pull them to make sure there is no rot. When reinstalling the armor I plan to use automotive seam sealer on the top and sides (leaving the bottom open) to prevent water from passing through.

When I installed my corner armor I made sure to prep the inside with a nice thick coat of primer sealer. I sprayed the inside with the base and clear coat.
Prepped the tub by applying a good coat of wax followed by a ceramic coat. Used touch up paint on all the holes I drilled and any rock chips. Hoping that the clean surfaces together will hold off the rust...fingers crossed 🤞

they have only been on about a year. I haven’t taken them off so I can’t give any feedback on the results

Ive also heard of the seam sealer or silicon on the top edge. I worry it will hold moisture longer if the seal isn’t 100% water tight.

When I installed my corner armor I made sure to prep the inside with a nice thick coat of primer sealer. I sprayed the inside with the base and clear coat.
Prepped the tub by applying a good coat of wax followed by a ceramic coat. Used touch up paint on all the holes I drilled and any rock chips. Hoping that the clean surfaces together will hold off the rust...fingers crossed 🤞

they have only been on about a year. I haven’t taken them off so I can’t give any feedback on the results

Ive also heard of the seam sealer or silicon on the top edge. I worry it will hold moisture longer if the seal isn’t 100% water tight.

That you Cole?

Glad to hear the exhaust worked out. What did you have to do to get it to fit?
I ended up cutting my factory system off in between the muffler and the mid cat. Welded a 16” long piece of exhaust tubing to the flange that bolts to the cat. Slid the muffler/tailpipe on to it and used the band clamp. Bolted the flange back to the cat. Worked out awesome and all the hangers lined up nicely.