Previous owner problems

Bargain Box

Stand back, I built this s*** myself...
Supporting Member
Working through the long list of PO problems. Looking for some guidance on various interior issues.

- There a several holes from self tappers in the rear cargo/seat area caused by an aftermarket stereo install. I plan to spot weld these since I want to repaint/bed line the interior floor.
20211218_135419.jpg

- A mysterious looking plug right behind the passenger front seat has been hacked open creating a permanent hole right above the exhaust heat shield. Pictures of the damaged plug and the untouched plug on the opposite side are attached. How to repair?
20211218_135531.jpg
20211218_135507.jpg

- The gasket around this cover is MIA. I'm having trouble finding it online.
20211218_140118.jpg

- Rear seat won't stay latched. It rattles and will roll forward without hitting the release for the top half first. Pictures of the brackets below.
20211218_140410.jpg
20211218_140403.jpg

20211218_135419.jpg

Last edited:
Working through the long list of PO problems. Looking for some guidance on various interior issues.

- There a several holes from self tappers in the rear cargo/seat area caused by an aftermarket stereo install. I plan to spot weld these since I want to repaint/bed line the interior floor.
View attachment 296932
- A mysterious looking plug right behind the passenger front seat has been hacked open creating a permanent hole right above the exhaust heat shield. Pictures of the damaged plug and the untouched plug on the opposite side are attached. How to repair?View attachment 296930View attachment 296931

- The gasket around this cover is MIA. I'm having trouble finding it online.View attachment 296933

- Rear seat won't stay latched. It rattles and will roll forward without hitting the release for the top half first. Pictures of the brackets below.
View attachment 296938View attachment 296939

View attachment 296935
Very minor mods. Spot weld the top of heat shield or just leave it alone. It seems PO tried to run wires for an amp. Not a big deal. Will post photos of my rear seat rail to shed light on possible problem.
What year Jeep do you have? New TJ had different rear seat locks.

Last edited:
Very minor mods. Spot weld the top of heat shield or just leave it alone. It seems PO tried to run wires for amp. Not a big deal. Will post photos of my rear seat rail to shed light on possible problem.
What year Jeep do you have? New TJ had different rear seat locks.
Spot welds are easy, the hole they pried in the floor for a drain is the tough one. It's a 99.

Last edited:
Not sure if it helps, but I believe there are oval JK plugs that might fit that hole.
Also, the round plug doesn't look right. Not oem?
I'll look into the jk plugs. The round plug is in fact the factory drain plug.

For reference this plug seems like it's metal that someone carved a hole in. Does not seem to be rubber. If it is, it's the hardest rubber ever made haha.
20211218_135507.jpg

For reference this plug seems like it's metal that someone carved a hole in. Does not seem to be rubber. If it is, it's the hardest rubber ever made haha.
Based on my '06, the oval hole was covered with a metal plug not designed to be removed easily.
I just thought a plastic plug might help.

Reactions: Bargain Box