Price check on 97 TJ Sport

rbgftp

I've recently come across an immaculate 97 4.0 tj sport, with ~48k on the clock. Underneath looks beautiful a small bit of surface rust on the frame, but everything else looks brand new. It was obviously garage kept. The vehicle starts up strong, and drives well (was unable to get it up to highway speeds, but I will be taking another test drive if I decide to purchase.)

The owner has had this vehicle since 1998 (10k miles) and is the second owner. He is also an older guy, from a very affluent area in the hamptons which leads me to believe the car was used incredibly lightly, as well as very sparingly.

The only thing i haven't tested is the a/c or the 4wd, and like i said I have yet to get it up to highway speeds.

He was asking 13k I got him down to 11.5 and I still feel like its too good to be true. If the 4wd and everything else checks out when i go to see it again, do i jump on the chance?

Sounds like a damn good price, especially given the condition and the low miles! If it's as clean a you say, you're getting it for a fantastic price!

I paid 20k for my 2005 Rubicon with 50k miles and rust free.

Great condition, low miles, garaged, Wranglers do not depreciate, likely zero rust..... $11.5K is maybe top $$$ but if it has all the other desirables, like 3.73 ratios, I'd say she's a keeper.

The price is a bit high but fair if it has some good options and is in good condition. I would try to go lower if that was me. At that price I would be tempted to hold out or spend more on a Rubicon. That is unless rust free TJs are rare in your area.

Northeast winters are brutal with rust. Tj rubicons around me easily go for ~15k with at least 120k on them. The only thing that puts me off is the age of the vehicle, and not knowing the tj market as well as I would like.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am assuming it is the white one you are looking at? Pics look very clean, I would run the vin and get the build sheet to see all options it left the factory with.