Pro Comp vs OME spring coils

GenericDisplayName

Supporting Member
Howdy everyone,

So im looking at eventually doing a smaller lift on my jeep. Was originally looking at just getting the OME 2.5in HD lift kit. Though after some more research I am gonna go a different route. Im planning on putting together my own setup instead of just buying a premade kit. I was reading over @CodaMan route for lift and thought it was pretty good. Though now I cant decide what coil springs to go with. So, what are some of the differences (if any really) from the Pro Comp coil springs and the OME coil springs? Already plan on going with the RanchoRS5000x, let me know your thoughts!!

-Jordan from MI

I ran the OME 2.5" HD springs on my previous TJ with the original OME nitrocharger (non-sport) shocks for a few years and absolutely loved it.

On my current TJ, I run the light/med. duty rear OME coils with TNT upper perch relocators (adds 1-1.5") with Rancho 5000X shocks. In my opinion (and several others that have ridden with me), it rides fantastic. Especially when considering the price of the shocks. I suspect it would be a little under-valved for faster paced offroad driving, but that's not much of a reality where I wheel in the Southeast, so I tend to prefer the slightly softer valving on my relatively lightweight jeep.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with the OME springs or the 5000X shocks, from a quality perspective. Only piece I'm not sure of is if you can get a proper length in the Rancho to match up with the OME rear spring and stock mounts. Wasn't an issue for me since I'm sitting at nearly 4" total in the rear, but it's something to measure for and be sure you get enough uptravel.

Cheers.

I just ditched the pro comp shocks and zone springs on mine and went with OME shocks and Springs and it night and day for the ride and drive now go OME all the way for springs and shocks you wont be disappointed

I’ve got ProComp 2” rear springs, H&R fronts with with Rancho RS5000x shocks. Rides great and gives me the load carrying capacity I was looking for. Depending on your needs H&R springs/5000x 0-2” shock combo might suffice and didn't require any additional mods (adjustable track bars, t-case drops, etc.) on my rig. I use my Jeep like a truck so I needed more rear weight carrying capacity but now with the ProComp rear springs I’m dealing with an off-center axle and driveline vibes...

I can‘t speak to the OME springs/shocks in the TJ specifically but ive run them in a bunch of Toyotas and they are top notch. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have just run the OME light front / heavy rear setup. Hope this helps.

looked up my order
TJ/LJ Wrangler Coil Springs
  • Manufacturer::
    Old Man Emu
  • Coil Springs::
    FRONT CONSTANT HEAVY LOAD (200+) (2934) 2.5-3" (2934-TJ )
1$181.39
TJ/LJ Wrangler Coil Springs
    Old Man Emu
  • Coil Springs::
    REAR HEAVY LOAD (200+) 2" (OME-2942-1)
1$181.39
TJ/LJ Wrangler Shocks
    Old Man Emu
  • Shock Options::
    FRONT NITROCHARGER SPORT - STOCK to 3" LIFT (OME-60047)
1$232.80
TJ/LJ Wrangler Shocks
    Old Man Emu
  • Shock Options::
    REAR NITROCHARGER SPORT - STOCK to 3" LIFT (OME-60048)
1$232.80