Problem with Savvy motor mount lift

OldBuzzard

nerd before it was cool
Supporting Member
I'm installing a Savvy Motor Mount Lift, and ran into a problem. I have one of the extensions mounted on the OEM motor mount stud, and I'm trying to "slip" it into the lift block. Pushing, shoving, tapping with a rubber mallet does nothing.

Savvy_MML_01.jpg

So I checked the other pair, and they're the same way. Measurement shows the extension is 0.624" diameter, and the hole is 0.623"+, as near as I can measure that inside size. Just how tight are these supposed to be? I can drill it out to 5/8", but it will probably go a few thousandths oversize. I can't imagine that being a problem, unless that extension is supposed to be really tight in the block. Is this just a manufacturing problem, or by design?

Savvy_MML_02.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JMT
I would knock the extension down with some abrasive that way you leave the anodizing intact on the lift block. Shouldn’t take much.

Put a piece of rubber tubing, like fuel line or a vacuum hose over the threads on the mounting stud, chock it up into a power drill, spin it at high speed and hit it with either some sand paper or a file until it slips in and out of the lift block with no issues.

Mine was the same way. I hit the hole with a small round file and in less than a minute was done and the bolt slipped in. I suspect the hole is drilled the right size but the coating added just enough thickness to keep the bolt from fitting in, so essentially all you need to do is remove the coating.