Project "Single Barrel" An LJ build

I just picked up Rock Krawler 3.5 springs for my LJR, do they ride lower in the back than the front? some other threads people report they lift the front are 3.5" and rear around 3". I have extra weight on my back so looking to add in a jks acos adjustable rear spacer.
I’m not running them in the rear of my LJ. I’ve got the 2.5” RC progressive springs with a 3/4” spacer on top. My LJ is super light and it sits fairly even.

Its been a minuet since I updated this thread so I figured an update was due. Several years back I cracked my old Warn 9.5ti due to a crappy design I did on an Aluminum bumper. I was using a single layer of 3/16" 5052 aluminum and it clearly wasn't up to the task. On a hard pull the bumper twisted and cracked the housing. I tried my best at repairing the winch but the brake assembly was never the same. Since then I was told by warn they no longer make the brake assembly so I was forced to get another winch. I ended up with this Warn Evo VR 10s. The added wireless controller that these come with was a nice bonus. Overall I really like it but we will see if it holds up to the task for long.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
About 2 months back I lost another u-joint cap in one of the front shafts I figure it may have been slightly egged from the last repair so a different shaft was needed. A quick trip to the JY and a new Spicer 5-760X joint and I was back in business. This time I added 2 tack welds to the u-joint caps to hopefully eliminate a spit cap

IMG_0452.jpg

After rocking my drop down tailgate for a few years I finally got tired of how difficult it was to reach for something laying in the back seat from the behind. I think this is a great mod for any TJ owner but the added cargo space the LJ has I now feel the factory swing out style is better suited. So back on goes the factory tailgate. I'm glad I never sold it when It was just taking up space in my shop.

I think my first wheeling trip out a tree destroyed my factory license plate mount so I needed a place to mount the tag. I was also using a custom bracket where the factory tailgate hinges were for my FRS antenna so I needed to relocate that also. As with the style of this build I couldn't buy an off the shelf item. Instead I took a stab at making my own. I still need to make another lower valance cover without the drop down hinge holes. The top portion is replaceable and I plan on making a version to fit a reverse camera.

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

HOLY COW! Its been nearly 2 years since my last update :oops:.

Unfortunately I have yet to finish building or install the Superduty axles and they have taken up semi-permanent residency in the corner of my basement garage. I don't get to wheel nearly as often as I would like but I haven't stopped enjoying the jeep. I will try to update this thread in chronological order and attempt to do better at updating it going forward.

Last fall I purchased a Poison Spyder drop in cage from Northridge4x4. I know cage stanchions don't get the greatest of love around here but the price was right and I knew they weren't going to be around much longer. The cage comes Sometime in the future when I decide to install harnesses and suspension seeds the intent is to make the harness bar removable with a pair of clamp on cage bushings. Since I couldn't find a tremendous amount of info on these cages, I didn't really know what all I was getting until it arrived.

About a week later the cage arrived shipped upside down bolted to a pallet with a weld in harness bar taped to the front of the cage. The cage didn't come with grab handles in the front but I was lucky enough to find a pair of matching poison spyder weld in grab handles online. Also it did not come with factory seat belt bushings. For those I went to summit machine and picked up enough for the front and back. A couple of evenings later the front grab handles and seat belt bushings were welded in, holes were drilled for the factory door surrounds and soft top brackets, and the factory speaker pods were fitted to the new cage. I even added a couple of holes in the B pillar to chase wires thru the cage so the speaker wire & dome lights were all hidden.

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

68186949962__44FB6B5C-6900-459C-ABE5-D428F392B7F6.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Last winter during the cage install I was working on some front fender/tub armor. Since Poison Spyder was no longer selling theirs that fit the front defenders I was stuck either buying another brand and making them work or creating my own. As with several other items I went for the second option. You can see them installed in the last post. It took me several try's to get these perfect but they now fit great!

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

11282301.jpg

11282302.jpg