Project status: Spark-plug delete

Okay dokey

Great moment
It’s happening, despite being swamped at the paying job , we pulled the gas pot tonight .
Now the real work begins, keep y’all posted from time to time

Ps: aiming for the maiden journey BEFORE the deadline of April 21/2022 😉

Overnout

DETOUR
~•lllllll•~ 👋🏿

Okay dokey

Great moment
It’s happening, despite being swamped at the paying job , we pulled the gas pot tonight .
Now the real work begins, keep y’all posted from time to time

Ps: aiming for the maiden journey BEFORE the deadline of April 21/2022 😉

Overnout

DETOUR
~•lllllll•~ 👋🏿

Maybe this is addressed in the videos, but I'm at work and can't watch them. What motor mounts are you using?

I thought I saw somewhere where you can get hydraulic motor mounts or something to help isolate the vibrations.

I'm curious because I really want to get a big diesel into my YJ truck build, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add some passenger comforts, like cushy body mounts, engine mounts and sound/heat insulation.

Maybe this is addressed in the videos, but I'm at work and can't watch them. What motor mounts are you using?

I thought I saw somewhere where you can get hydraulic motor mounts or something to help isolate the vibrations.

I'm curious because I really want to get a big diesel into my YJ truck build, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add some passenger comforts, like cushy body mounts, engine mounts and sound/heat insulation.
Bug out Jeep
• I’ll get back to you on that
•initially I got a set from Jeff Daniels in Pensilvania, but as time went on I was informed that they’re too stiff ,so I got me another set from somewhere .
• Like gel filled
• gimme some time, we’re just swamped at work due to a lot of our work force got decimated since the mandate took effect

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

Bug out Jeep
• I’ll get back to you on that
•initially I got a set from Jeff Daniels in Pensilvania, but as time went on I was informed that they’re too stiff ,so I got me another set from somewhere .
• Like gel filled
• gimme some time, we’re just swamped at work due to a lot of our work force got decimated since the mandate took effect

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿
I also invested in a liquid filled harmonic balancer that I purchased of a local fellow who abandoned a 6BT project

I also invested in a liquid filled harmonic balancer that I purchased of a local fellow who abandoned a 6BT project
Yeah that's exactly the stuff I keep wondering if it's worth it or kind of a gimmick.

I really want to go 6BT with my YJ, but I'm just not sure if it's realistic for my time constraints, lack of skills and budget and if it's going to be such a harsh ride at the end of the day that I don't like using it.

However I keep saying with engine swaps and stuff, I wish it pulled like and was as reliable as my 6BT...so now I'm hoping maybe I can get there and that 300 - 400hp ~700 ft lbs while getting low 20 mpg, is just plain fun all the time and practical when I'm towing. Of course it's highly likely I'm just gonna pick up another 1 ton. I'm just not sure I'm even going to have the time for another project. But I'd really like a slightly smaller 1 ton than anyone is offering.

Bugoutjeep
If you ever had anything to do with a 4BT , you’ll know that quiet times and cushy rides are over 😂😱😅

Lol

Everyone is in a different situation in life’s journey and where I’m at at this point , probably fits nobody else's scenario
• we can’t really pinpoint as to how long ago we purchased CUMMINS’s lill “shaker”
•it could easily have been around the early 2000

• all I can say :

Just a love’n it , every minute, and making an effort to pass on the joy of customizing to everyone around me by showing interest and curiosity in their projects, whether it be painting,quilting, baking or what have you…
• at the end of the day it’s the journey that’s making memories

Enough philosophy now,

Let’s get some pillow time so we have energy for the steps ahead
1) KDP killer dowel pin upgrade is on the program for Friday night , after the paying job is ☑️ Off
2) Saturday morning, rolling coal on the engine stand is on the agenda ( straight from the turbo)
3) remove gas tank
4) if step 3 is successful, the original engine mounts are getting removed with plasma cutter and grinder
5)… must be getting close to “kick back”- time after all that entertainment, eh. 😉

More later

BugoutJeep
Here’s what I purchased from … ? Can’t remember, sorry.
Possibly rock auto, I hope this helps
0573CF64-A766-4C3D-87E6-CD07B21FE817.jpeg
image.jpg

image.jpg

23 pounds !!!

That’ll absorb some vibs from CUMMINS’s shaker, eh 😱😂💯
23 pounds !!!

That’ll absorb some vibs from CUMMINS’s shaker, eh 😱😂💯%
Feb12/22
Yupyup we’re rolling coal, on the engine stand ( it’s been all of 10 years, since it ran last time)
I made certain my close buddy “LUCAS” was involved in the preparation of oil filter and turbo oil feed line 😉

BugoutJeep
Here’s what I purchased from … ? Can’t remember, sorry.
Possibly rock auto, I hope this helps
View attachment 309281View attachment 309283
View attachment 309284
I think I'm using the same hydraulic motor mounts on my TDI engine, overkill? Yes but I'm aiming for some creature comforts in my build as well. Looking great @DETOUR I'm going to be following this build closely! I'd love to do a Cummins R2.8 swap someday in something, just not sure what it would be. Maybe a 4th engine in my TJ :ROFLMAO:

-Grant

I think I'm using the same hydraulic motor mounts on my TDI engine, overkill? Yes but I'm aiming for some creature comforts in my build as well. Looking great @DETOUR I'm going to be following this build closely! I'd love to do a Cummins R2.8 swap someday in something, just not sure what it would be. Maybe a 4th engine in my TJ :ROFLMAO:

-Grant
Grant
Your engine swapping reminds me of a company on Vancouver island.
CHALLENGER was the brand, manufacturing off highway logging trucks , the radiator was on hinges and the engine/automatic transmission combo was mounted on a skid between the frame rails. R+R in no time flat !

DETOUR

Sorry guys n gals

“Sparkplug delete” encountered a hurdle (again)

•I’m not looking for sympathy comments, but I’m off duty again, this time I landed on my right shoulder after hitting a snow covered ice patch
• Yupyup, I was in a hurry, feeling important after receiving a trouble call to bush -fix one of our utility trucks on a job site

• memo to everyone :

☑️One once of prevention is worth a pound of cure☑️

It NEVER pays off, being in a rush

• the encouraging part though is that our Jeep community is doing their best to keep the momentum going on my oil burner swap

DETOUR

You ever hit a moose with that big bullbar you provide me with proof and I will send you $5 American in the mail.

Love the wheels.

Howdy all
•A local fab shop modified the aluminum adapter plate with extra “meat”, to accommodate the 6th tranny mounting bolt hole
• the proper tranny bell-housing adaptor prized out at 2000.-
That way, I’m way below
E774012D-83C0-48ED-8C2C-CAD9DEC62AAF.jpeg
9B0A6FBA-DA20-40C8-80FF-3C8317EEF782.jpeg
number and can allocate the “savings” in another “cheap-place” 😉
•upgraded all 6 tranny bolt holes with M10x1.5 Helicoils