PRP Seats

exbro2000

I'm looking to buy the PRP Enduro recliners for my TJ with a matching rear bench. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where I may get the best price and maybe free shipping. I'm in Florida and PRP's shipping cost from CA is a bit much.

Thanks

First off, those are awesome seats! I hadn't heard (or seen) those before.

Secondly, with companies like this, they will give you better prices if you call them up and ask / negotiate with them. That's not a statement either, it's a fact. Most companies have a set MSRP, and their resellers are not allowed to list their products for under MSRP, so you likely won't find the seats themselves cheaper anywhere else. Finding shipping cheaper is possible though, I'm sure. Those things likely have to go via freight shipping due to size, so my guess is shipping won't be super cheap no matter what.

In all honesty though, just call them. If you call them up, they will negotiate price. Any good business will do that, because they have margins built-in that allow them to be able to do this.

First off, those are awesome seats! I hadn't heard (or seen) those before.

Secondly, with companies like this, they will give you better prices if you call them up and ask / negotiate with them. That's not a statement either, it's a fact. Most companies have a set MSRP, and their resellers are not allowed to list their products for under MSRP, so you likely won't find the seats themselves cheaper anywhere else. Finding shipping cheaper is possible though, I'm sure. Those things likely have to go via freight shipping due to size, so my guess is shipping won't be super cheap no matter what.

In all honesty though, just call them. If you call them up, they will negotiate price. Any good business will do that, because they have margins built-in that allow them to be able to do this.

Thanks. I sent them an email last week and haven't received a reply.

I've read that Besttop has purchased PRP and am hoping I can still get the seats I want at the quality they are known for.

Thanks. I sent them an email last week and haven't received a reply.

I've read that Besttop has purchased PRP and am hoping I can still get the seats I want at the quality they are known for.

Oh yeah, even Bestop themselves is slow to respond to email. You'll have to call. Many companies these days are just slow with email for whatever reason, but they'll answer right away.

Bestop makes top notch stuff, so even if they have bought PRP, I'm sure they'll continue the quality.

Was nothing against Bestop. I just know that when companies get bought out and key people leave, things can change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst.

Reactions: Chris
I can call them myself and ask, but Im curious if these are plug and play or is there a need for seat adapters? Anyone happen to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front seat mounts are for use with the stock sliders.

What I don't see is a mount for the rear bench in a TJ. I did find a forum thread where someone had mounted the bench using some simple angle iron and planned on doing that as well.

Was nothing against Bestop. I just know that when companies get bought out and key people leave, things can change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst.
Not much is changing at PRP, president Aaron Wedeking is staying on and Bestop is letting them remain autonomous. Nothing ever stays the same but there's not as much change going on at PRP as happens with some companies that are acquired. That Aaron (whose office I've sat in chatting to him) is staying on for the long term according to him is a very positive thing, he is the founder of PRP who personally designed and built their first seats.

Not much is changing at PRP, president Aaron Wedeking is staying on and Bestop is letting them remain autonomous. Nothing ever stays the same but there's not as much change going on at PRP as happens with some companies that are acquired. That Aaron (whose office I've sat in chatting to him) is staying on for the long term according to him is a very positive thing, he is the founder of PRP who personally designed and built their first seats.

That is great to hear. I really can't wait to have these amazing seats in my Jeep.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Your write-up (on wranglerforum and jeepforum) is one of the reasons I decided to go with PRP. What are you using as a rear bench, or have you removed it altogether?
The rear seat is long gone, I have a big aluminum parts/tool box bolted to the floor in its place.

CIMG3848.jpg

I personally believe that they are better quality, especially that they are manufactured here in California very close to my house. The last time I checked, Corbeau's were imported from China.
My warn winch I heard is also made in China and has worked brilliantly so I think the made in China play is a bit played out. Opinions are good tho. I like the looks of the Corbeau way better, but they don’t look too bad. I’m assuming the price is pretty comparable if not cheaper.

My warn winch I heard is also made in China and has worked brilliantly so I think the made in China play is a bit played out. Opinions are good tho. I like the looks of the Corbeau way better, but they don’t look too bad. I’m assuming the price is pretty comparable if not cheaper.
Where Warn's Jeep size winches are concerned, they're all still manufactured in Oregon except for their entry level VR winches that are imported from China. My Warn winch was made in Oregon.

The made in China thing is not overplayed for me, I'd rather give my $$$ to a company employing American workers in its US manufacturing line than sending the majority of the $$$ to China to pay Chinese workers.

Reactions: exbro2000
Where Warn's Jeep size winches are concerned, they're all still manufactured in Oregon except for their entry level VR winches that are imported from China. My Warn winch was made in Oregon.

The made in China thing is not overplayed for me, I'd rather give my $$$ to a company employing American workers in its US manufacturing line than sending the majority of the $$$ to China to pay Chinese workers.
I’m not looking for a debate on where my or your hard earned money should go. I’m asking about quality, and the statement you made about “made in China” to me is overhyped. You may not agree with Americans money going to China lol, but the quality is not poor. I have the entry level warn winch and it works great. Thank you for your input.