PSC PSC-SG061 Steering Gear Torsion Bar

byarnell05

I installed a PSC-SG061 steering gear back in 2013 for my 99 and ever since it has always been just too light of a feel for my liking. I heard at one point that PSC would swap in a different torsion bar to make the steering feel a bit "heavier" but I wasn't sure if they still do this. Does anyone know if they work on boxes that are 8+ years old now?

@mrblaine I read a few random threads in the past and you mentioned a guy by the name of Kevin at PSC, would he still be a good contact if I was to call them?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I installed a PSC-SG061 steering gear back in 2013 for my 99 and ever since it has always been just too light of a feel for my liking. I heard at one point that PSC would swap in a different torsion bar to make the steering feel a bit "heavier" but I wasn't sure if they still do this. Does anyone know if they work on boxes that are 8+ years old now?

@mrblaine I read a few random threads in the past and you mentioned a guy by the name of Kevin at PSC, would he still be a good contact if I was to call them?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Kelvin, not Kevin. Yes, they can swap in a different torsion bar. Be aware that if you upgrade the pump, that will change the feel and you will need to adjust the torsion bar again.

Reactions: Steel City 06