PSC reservoir mounting tips

For the 03 we typically a piece of steel or aluminum angle and cut that to the width of the back of the reservoir. Drill matching holes. Be careful of the bolt length going into the reservoir.

View attachment 110226

That is about where they all wind up. Drill the other leg of the angle and bolt through the fender.
I loosely attach both fittings to the pump and reservoir. Then I put the hose in line with them to see how the angle and length of the hose are going to wind up so there are no kinks. Typically that is a 90 at the reservoir and a 45 at the pump. The hose will shrink by 1/2" in length or so when you push it on the fittings, so take that into account or mount the reservoir after you hook up the feed line.

I don't like the master cylinder bracket, don't like the length of the feed hose needed to make it work and have never used one. Others do, I don't.

I’m having the same issue on my 2006 LJ. Where to put the reservoir. I h

Necro bump here — @mrblaine, is this still the "go-to" method? I'm about to pull the trigger on all this stuff (including your nearly bolt-in kit) and need to do a little pre-planning.

I think I'll need to mount about here, as my compressor is sitting in the same spot as these pics. I seem to recall reading once upon a time that you'd modified your preferred mounting spot, but I might have hallucinated that.

Assuming this is the short res? And rivnuts to tub?

Reactions: Old Pueblo
Necro bump here — @mrblaine, is this still the "go-to" method? I'm about to pull the trigger on all this stuff (including your nearly bolt-in kit) and need to do a little pre-planning.

I think I'll need to mount about here, as my compressor is sitting in the same spot as these pics. I seem to recall reading once upon a time that you'd modified your preferred mounting spot, but I might have hallucinated that.

Assuming this is the short res? And rivnuts to tub?

Where is here?

For posterity, I finally found the thread I hallucinated:

[URL]https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/psc-reservoir-install-guidance.47957/[/URL]

You want the feed hose to be long enough that it can run roughly parallel to the motor for a distance long enough to let the motor move a small amount without pulling directly on the fittings. The hose has to flex sideways a small mount. Hose then needs to be no longer than about 14-15". After that, the bottom of the reservoir needs to be above the inlet to the pump.