Pulling to the right with mud tires

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I decided to give load range C Kenda Klever mud tires a shot- with all parts tight up and in soec up front, 25 psi and no other changes, I have a subtle right pull on crowned roads that my KO2’s never had.

I realize cross caster is factored in for that.

I know mud tires are not all terrains. Totally understand.

Overall well pleased, just curious what you guys think may be going on.

Thanks,
Andy G

Reactions: Wildman
Sure will- What they’ll do is take them off our jeeps. They are probably ordering Rubicon hood stickers right now.
No Rubi stickers for me!!!!!! I am Rubi free!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
20210928_125402_copy_800x600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Good post-That is my next step
According to the Forum Manual, Section 24, Paragraph 5(c), you are supposed to argue that this is a pointless exercise and a waste of time and demand someone help you find a road that is crowned the opposite direction instead.

You're failure to comply has been duly noted, and we have scheduled a hearing with the Commission to determine whether to assess a demerit based penalty or to revoke your membership.

Last edited:
interesting in what you find out. I can't quite wrap my head around why a tire would do this, unless somehow the flexibility of the carcass/rolling resistance, etc somehow amplifies or diminishes the result of the cross caster, so that the amount of cross caster needs to match the tires to produce the same resistance to following road crown.

Reactions: AndyG and Wildman
interesting in what you find out. I can't quite wrap my head around why a tire would do this, unless somehow the flexibility of the carcass/rolling resistance, etc somehow amplifies or diminishes the result of the cross caster, so that the amount of cross caster needs to match the tires to produce the same resistance to following road crown.
A radial pull with new tires is usually due to the belts not being centered correctly during the manufacturing process.
Swapping the front tires will usually help confirm the issue.

A radial pull with new tires is usually due to the belts not being centered correctly during the manufacturing process.

right, I should have put a "assuming the tires don't have a manufacturing defect" on the front of my post.

Sounds like one is going to the spare mount then

I decided to give load range C Kenda Klever mud tires a shot- with all parts tight up and in soec up front, 25 psi and no other changes, I have a subtle right pull on crowned roads that my KO2’s never had.

I realize cross caster is factored in for that.

I know mud tires are not all terrains. Totally understand.

Overall well pleased, just curious what you guys think may be going on.

Thanks,
Andy G
Did you adjust toe after the tire swap?

According to the Forum Manual, Section 24, Paragraph 5(c), you are supposed to argue that this is a pointless exercise and a waste of time and demand someone help you find a road that is crowned the opposite direction instead.

You're failure to comply has been duly noted, and we have scheduled a hearing with the Commission to determine whether to assess a demerit based penalty or to revoke your membership.
Holy smokes, I think @AndyG just got AndyG’d!

Once you determine the bad tire, return it for exchange.
Maybe I can do that but these were put on a Jeep and driven 50 miles...The kid didn’t have enough lift

The tire store will probably honor the warranty

Reactions: John Cooper