Purchasing a TJ: Opinions on mileage?

What do you guys think of this 2004 LJ?

200K miles, and the seller is asking $7,500. Photos attached.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

What do you guys think of this 2004 LJ?

200K miles, and the seller is asking $7,500. Photos attached.

I think it's a good price for a LJ. I'm looking on my cell phone but it didn't look too bad underneath. If it starts and drives well without engine lights, I'd go for it. LJs are nice and I'm not sure I've seen one for that price.

I think it's a good price for a LJ. I'm looking on my cell phone but it didn't look too bad underneath. If it starts and drives well without engine lights, I'd go for it. LJs are nice and I'm not sure I've seen one for that price.

Oh and I think the LJ for most people is ideal. Depending on what you're wanting to do with it I'd get full doors if they don't have them and I'd go with a hard top especially some of these 2 piece options I've seen if they're done right. That's not a cheap option, but I never liked my soft top.

Yeah, but we've got a lot of woods and I tore it all the time and I can have the top off and on quicker than the soft top, because my zippers were a pita. I like the clean looks of no top and I didn't like it all weird back there when my top was down. I found the soft top to be a different level of noise. Also I have a garage so I can take the top off and leave it off for months with the option of driving my truck.

Plus I think the 2 piece options might be best of both worlds in theory. Also I occasionally will travel for work and in bad areas and it's just so easy to cut those tops and grab stuff and for me that just means removing tape.

[/QUOTE]
and I didn't like it all weird back there when my top was down.
One of the gal in this forum said facing the back-seat, left leg on the left side corner and the right leg on the right side. corner and that will hold the folded soft top frame down and legs spread nice and even. I kid you not.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
I think everyone here is basically pointing you in the right direction. I've always had the most problems with low mileage in older vehicles. It's all about rust. You can rebuild your diffs, trans, engine, new radiator pretty cheap, etc (not that I would), but the rust is a PITA IMO.

Keep an eye on those brake lines too. Those suck when they burst. I've had some issues with brake lines in the past, so I try to change those if there's any questions. IMO a new vehicle brings about questions for the most vital safety feature in a vehicle.

Rust is your worst enemy when it comes to any vehicle!!!!!