Quad-Motor Tank Turn

Equilibrium31

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Electric vehicles have gained a lot of notoriety lately in the realm of speed, but apparently there's a company doing some pretty cool stuff with maneuverability in trucks by utilizing a quad-motor configuration to allow the vehcle to do a pivot turn in the same style as tanks can do when they move their treads in opposite directions. Personally, I think this is something that would be awesome to see in a future Wrangler for navigating tight trails.

That would be one of the greatest funnest things to ever go off roading with, especially if it was in a Wrangler.

Now I'm just hoping for some sort of aftermarket kit that comes with two straight axles (with two motors each), a muti-piece battery that could be randomly assembled in whatever shape is needed to fit any particular vehicle and a control panel to put under the dashboard to connect to the pedals and steering column.

If anyone needs someone to do testing with their vehicle, I have a CJ5 we could start with, then work our way up from there.