Quadratec ship from manufacturer

Joeinnewjersey

TJ Enthusiast
Placed an order for an item on Nov 1 (blower fan). Was told that it was in stock. Then received email that it would be shipping from the vendor. Couple of days passed and got another email from Quad saying basically the same thing. Havent heard anything since. Is this normal?

It is normal and it’s the same with other big parts retailers like Morris. I ordered something (that they claimed was in stock) from them in June and I have received 9 emails indicating that the part is backordered from the manufacturer. It is totally dishonest on their part to indicate that a part is in stock just to bait and switch to made a sale.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Yes, they lie about their stock. An item could be labeled as in stock when in reality it could be out of stock or backordered. Scummy business practice.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
It is normal and it’s the same with other big parts retailers like Morris. I ordered something (that they claimed was in stock) from them in June and I have received 9 emails indicating that the part is backordered from the manufacturer. It is totally dishonest on their part to indicate that a part is in stock just to bait and switch to made a sale.

Morris sucks.
Both things I ordered were "in stock".
SYE I ordered won't ship for another 2 weeks. The other thing I ordered wouldn't ship til late December. Cancelled that order.

Rockauto has a pretty good inventory system and better prices. Quadratec is giving you updates so I can't fault them here. Especially for another vendors inventory problems. They will give you your money back if you want it, I'd suggest you do that and order from Rockauto.

Typical for Quadratec who I stopped ordering from nearly 20 years ago. High prices and missed ship dates are common.

Same issues I've experienced with Quadratec as well. I don't order from them anymore needless to say.

The last 3 orders from Quadratec were in stock when I purchased then out of stock by email 2 days later, same thing you seem to get 2 separate emails which is confusing! I dont have much choice being in Australia but I cancelled 2 orders and waited for one. They give you back your funds without any problems and at least they tell you if its out of stock or there will be a longer wait albeit after you have paid for an item displayed as in stock.

Like some others I use RockAuto they ship pretty quick even half way around the world and it shows inventory when you choose the part.

Get used to delays, life is never going back to what it was, even some USA made parts have Chinese components and now importers are being forced to pay for entire shipping containers so they cant just mix & match from different manufacturer's like they could pre plandemic. Maybe not your item in case but an importer would have to fill a container with blower fans or other items from the same manufacturer where in the past they filled it with parts from many manufacturers, the reason is not just inflated container prices but factories in China and other S/E Asian countries are in constant lockdowns worse than Australia and all the cheap slave labour go back to their villages because they are not getting paid causing a labour shortage when the factories re open.

Reactions: Joeinnewjersey
The last 3 orders from Quadratec were in stock when I purchased then out of stock by email 2 days later, same thing you seem to get 2 separate emails which is confusing! I dont have much choice being in Australia but I cancelled 2 orders and waited for one. They give you back your funds without any problems and at least they tell you if its out of stock or there will be a longer wait albeit after you have paid for an item displayed as in stock.

Like some others I use RockAuto they ship pretty quick even half way around the world and it shows inventory when you choose the part.

Get used to delays, life is never going back to what it was, even some USA made parts have Chinese components and now importers are being forced to pay for entire shipping containers so they cant just mix & match from different manufacturer's like they could pre plandemic. Maybe not your item in case but an importer would have to fill a container with blower fans or other items from the same manufacturer where in the past they filled it with parts from many manufacturers, the reason is not just inflated container prices but factories in China and other S/E Asian countries are in constant lockdowns worse than Australia and all the cheap slave labour go back to their villages because they are not getting paid causing a labour shortage when the factories re open.
Looks like selling out to China hasn’t paid off (other than on Wall Street and the boardrooms of course)

Reactions: Fishtaco
I’ve always had good luck with Quadratec. One messed up order in the 16 years I’ve been ordering from them. Got a soft top part instead of an oil filter. I’m on my third Jeep and just can’t get enough mods to satisfy. I can get parts in three days when Amazon can’t even come close to that record.
During the pandemic the orders have been a bit spotty, but that’s not their fault.

Reactions: Fishtaco
I have received an update from Quadratec saying basically that it may or may not ship on Nov 22. I placed the order on Nov 1st.

“The Crown Automotive 5139720AA Heater & Air Conditioner Blower Motor ships directly from the manufacturer and is expected to ship by November 22nd. I sincerely apologize for the delay. Please keep in mind that this is just an estimate and could be subject to change, as we are at the mercy of the manufacturer. Again, I apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patience.”

I understand that they are “are at the mercy of the manufacturer” but fail to see how this remedies the situation or explains why the website said “in stock” when i initially ordered it.