Question about tailgating accident

I'll leave the comments to you.

View attachment 159350
A black woman I work with who tends toward liberal but is very pragmatic once told me that she believes liberal white women (she is not racist) are responsible for a lot of what's wrong in this country. At first I laughed thinking she was joking but she gave me a "look" and said "I'm serious.". I thought about it for a minute and I agree with she's right.

A black woman I work with who tends toward liberal but is very pragmatic once told me that she believes liberal white women (she is not racist) are responsible for a lot of what's wrong in this country. At first I laughed thinking she was joking but she gave me a "look" and said "I'm serious.". I thought about it for a minute and I agree with she's right.
Isn't somebody saying some particular race is what's wrong with this country pretty much the definition of racism? Why say she is not a racist, that's exactly what she said.

Reactions: Hook_62 and Tomcat
I have my own bumper stickers made up at work. When I was paying over $5 a gallon for diesel, I put "Are we tired of getting screwed at the pumps, yet?" on my truck. "Beware of falling parts" went on the back of my Rambler Classic. "Buy (Rambler) American" on my Rambler American. And then I sold some at a rat rod show that said
"Paint is for 😼😼😼".

My favorite was a car I saw that had a bumper sticker that said "Bumper Sticker", a license plate frame with "License Plate Frame" printed on it, and a personalized license plate that said "LCNSPL8". Loved it!

Isn't somebody saying some particular race is what's wrong with this country pretty much the definition of racism? Why say she is not a racist, that's exactly what she said.
She did narrow it down to liberal white women, she also layed some blame on black men. I guess it depends on what you consider racist. I don't think she is a racist but if you do, ok.

Another woman at work, who's bench/tool box was next to mine, had a bumper sticker on her tool box that read " Got my dog, Got my horse, Don't need no cowboy" or something to that effect. I made one with the same font and colors that read " Got my whiskey, Got my sheep, Don't need no cowgirl". I don't think she got it. :ROFLMAO:

she believes liberal white women (she is not racist) are responsible for a lot of what's wrong in this country.
We are not debating the finer points of the word. This is the exact definition. If we can't take somebodies word for what they believe than what can you, what is the point of this discussion at all if what you say isn't what you mean?

A black woman was quoted saying that white people are responsible for what's wrong with this country.

This is the definition of racism: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

It is an exact fit, it's not a shade of gray or some fuzzy point. Prejudice is the first word, that's what it means. If you start debating what the word circle or spring or shock or bolt mean what is the point of talking about anything? This is racism according to the English language.

You may think shes a good person, fine, she might be. She has every right to express whatever opinion she wants. But she made a racist statement and that means calling her a racist is fine too. You can say she didn't mean it, I guess you can figure nobody means anything they say.

We are not debating the finer points of the word. This is the exact definition. If we can't take somebodies word for what they believe than what can you, what is the point of this discussion at all if what you say isn't what you mean?

A black woman was quoted saying that white people are responsible for what's wrong with this country.

This is the definition of racism: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

It is an exact fit, it's not a shade of gray or some fuzzy point. Prejudice is the first word, that's what it means. If you start debating what the word circle or spring or shock or bolt mean what is the point of talking about anything? This is racism according to the English language.

You may think shes a good person, fine, she might be. She has every right to express whatever opinion she wants. But she made a racist statement and that means calling her a racist is fine too. You can say she didn't mean it, I guess you can figure nobody means anything they say.

Again , she's not. She wasn't talking about all white people, or all women, or all white liberal women for that matter, it was a fairly narrow generalization directed at "activists". Mostly her issue was LWW telling her, as a black woman, what to be offended by. Much the same as a white woman who isn't a "feminist" being told by a "feminist" that sex with her husband is rape. Would it be racist for a white woman to say "white liberal women are the problem"? This conversation I had with her started over the Gadsen flag being deemed racist because some liberal activist said it was.

My apologies for my part in going way off topic in this thread, my original point was literally addressing the pic and the alleged person whos car it was in the post that I first responded to.

Reactions: Apparition
Again , she's not. She wasn't talking about all white people, or all women, or all white liberal women for that matter, it was a fairly narrow generalization directed at "activists". Mostly her issue was LWW telling her, as a black woman, what to be offended by. Much the same as a white woman who isn't a "feminist" being told by a "feminist" that sex with her husband is rape. Would it be racist for a white woman to say "white liberal women are the problem"? This conversation I had with her started over the Gadsen flag being deemed racist because some liberal activist said it was.

My apologies for my part in going way off topic in this thread, my original point was literally addressing the pic and the alleged person whos car it was in the post that I first responded to.
You reminded me of a life experience I had.

When in college I had to take African American studies. The professor was a friend of Malcom X and flat out said he was biased against whites on day one. The entire semester I read books about the wrongs of whites.

But, the biggest issue I had was our weekly TA session. My TA was a white female from small town Iowa who seemed to think she was black. In our sessions she further told us how bad the black schools were. Finally I asked her what life experiences she had which brought her to that opinion?

She said from her reading and what she was taught in that class. She said good teachers won’t teach at those schools. I told her my aunt had taught in inner city KC for many years and is actually in the National Teachers Hall of Fame, if she’d like to give her a call and ask what it’s like going to a school where every year she gets at least one death threat from her students that it might be interesting for her. She did not take me up on it. The stories my aunt talks about were pretty wild in comparison to my schooling but she taught there her entire career and enjoyed what she was doing.

The things I walked away from that class with was that I would never recommend it to anyone, white or black. I also came away with the opinion that you shouldn’t segregate in anyway. I will not use the term African American to describe someone, you are either African or American and I’ve only known a handful of real Africans living here.

I much prefer to lump people into the category American.

Reactions: Squatch and matkal