Question on locker size difference between Dana 44 and Super 35

Jerry Bransford

Too many arguments and personal attacks, I'm done.
Supporting Member
After lots of googling I can't figure out what the case size difference would be between a full carrier locker a Super 35 uses vs. the same locker when made for a Dana 44. Like a Detroit Locker or Eaton E-Locker made for a Super 35 and the same lockers made for a Dana 44. As in if they were side-by-side is there a noticeable visual size difference between them so each could be picked out based on a size difference?

I know the ring gear sizes are larger of course on the Dana 44 locker's ring gear mounting surface but I'm curious about their case size differences. I'm just curious what the strength differences are, if any, for a full case locker made for a Dana 44 vs. one made to fit inside a Dana 35 for a Super 35.

I've just never seen the lockers for a Dana 44 and a Super 35 side-by-side so my curiosity is high. And I'm not talking axle shaft strength or axle housing strength differences, and I know the Super 35 lockers are up to it. I'm only wondering about the size/strength difference in the Dana 44 vs. Super 35 lockers themselves. TIA!