Question on putting JK wheels on my TJ

teklord

Hello there. I acquired a 2002 Wrangler SE 2.5 with auto tranny. It came with mismatched 16 in. wheels. The Jeep is riding on stock height and I don't plan on lifting it. I came across some 16x7 steel wheels from a JK. It has 6-in backspacing. I already have (4) wheel adapters/spacers that go from 5x4.5 to 5x5. The adapters are 1.25 inches wide. I bought (4) tires that are 235/70/16. Am I good to go on this setup or is there something else I would need? Thanks in advance!
jeep1.jpg

I wouldn't waste your time on steel wheels. Plus, the tire selection in 16" is not good. You can find 17" JK aluminum wheels for a similar price, if you're patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvw
I wouldn't waste your time on steel wheels. Plus, the tire selection in 16" is not good. You can find 17" JK aluminum wheels for a similar price, if you're patient.

I actually didn't know that JKs came with 16" wheels at all.

@teklord, it's true, you can very easily find 17" wheels if you're interested. I ran 17" JK wheels for a while, but prefer the look of 15" or 16" TJ wheels. if you do buy those 16" wheels, then IMO you can negotiated down. I find basic 17" JK wheels for sale around $125 for a set of 5 on a regular basis.

Reactions: Irun