Questions about swapping in Rubicon driveline, engine, and transmission

Yes sir it is. Is the TCM built into the PCM module on the 2000? Is it expensive to have the PCMs reprogrammed?
The 32RH is purely hydraulic so it doesn't need a PCM. It just needs to be programmed for the automatic so it will turn the torque converter's lockup solenoid on & off.

I swapped a 2002 sport body to a 2004 rubicon frame and used the harness from the sport frame and engine because the emissions system are totally different I also swapped the gas tank over to the sport tank because the lines for the emissions are different too the 4wd indicator switch was also different so i dont have a 4wd light but thats not a big deal to me I know when im using 4wd and the lockers i will be wiring to seperate switches so ill have lockers whenever i want

Good to know, I guess they went to the smaller diameter in 2000 for reduced inventory costs.
They went to the smaller front in late 97. Garry had a 97 and showed me the updated version when he complained about it hitting. They gave him the new one that was standard by that time on the 97. He had an early one like you did, by the end of the year, they had fixed the problem.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
They went to the smaller front in late 97. Garry had a 97 and showed me the updated version when he complained about it hitting. They gave him the new one that was standard by that time on the 97. He had an early one like you did, by the end of the year, they had fixed the problem.
I'll be darned, I thought all 2002 and older manuals had the larger diameter front driveshaft. Good info!

I'll be darned, I thought all 2002 and older manuals had the larger diameter front driveshaft. Good info!
That is correct. The manuals do have the larger driveshaft in the front. He has a dead motor in the 2000 with the good 32 and it will have the smaller front you told him it needed when he swaps the 32 into the 97.

The larger front shaft will move over from the 97 with the AX15 into the 2000.

I swapped a 2002 sport body to a 2004 rubicon frame and used the harness from the sport frame and engine because the emissions system are totally different I also swapped the gas tank over to the sport tank because the lines for the emissions are different too the 4wd indicator switch was also different so i dont have a 4wd light but thats not a big deal to me I know when im using 4wd and the lockers i will be wiring to seperate switches so ill have lockers whenever i want
[/QUOTE
That is correct. The manuals do have the larger driveshaft in the front. He has a dead motor in the 2000 with the good 32 and it will have the smaller front you told him it needed when he swaps the 32 into the 97.

The larger front shaft will move over from the 97 with the AX15 into the 2000.
Are those PCM modules expensive to have reprogrammed? Could they be switched or will it be a problem that one has a distributor cap style ignition and the other has could on plugs?

Are those PCM modules expensive to have reprogrammed? Could they be switched or will it be a problem that one has a distributor cap style ignition and the other has could on plugs?
Not expensive so far. But they are also out there at different times on Ebay and elsewhere. For a 97-02 I would expect to pay from 75-200 for one. They can't be swapped indiscriminately.

I’m at the end of the AX-15 swap (came from 97) for NSG370 in my 06 Rubi. Last piece is the reverse light. Is there a kit to avoid cutting/splicing wires? I have the old harness from the 97 as well if needed.

If I have to splice, where on the harness should I make the cuts 😬. On the Rubi side it looks like a two prong pigtail. On the ax-15, looks like 2 become 4 wires. (I’m terrible at wiring and don’t want to screw up this last step)