Radiator overflow coolant bottle losing inches per day

I'm hearing the speculation but my A/C is working hot and cold great. Inside is dry as a bone.

Right but I'm not concerned about the heat or AC or the heater core.

I'm worried about the small passages in the engine, the radiator that might be affected.

I'm all for using K Seal in an emergency or as a last ditch send on an engine. I'm reluctant to use it to fixing a heater core...

That being said....your Jeep, your rules...and I can't make any legitimate arguments if it's working!

-Mac

Reactions: 5632
Right but I'm not concerned about the heat or AC or the heater core.

I'm worried about the small passages in the engine, the radiator that might be affected.

I'm all for using K Seal in an emergency or as a last ditch send on an engine. I'm reluctant to use it to fixing a heater core...

That being said....your Jeep, your rules...and I can't make any legitimate arguments if it's working!

-Mac

It's a band aid fix, right? Continue to throw bandaids at a problem and eventually you'll have much bigger problems.

Reactions: macleanflood
Returned to the local NatRad guys. Washed out the K-Seal etc. Bit of residue in the overflow bottle. New rainwater and coolant. Not a single drop from the previous heater core leak.

I mentioned the clicking every 6-7 seconds when the A/C was on. As a reminder my A/C works fine BUT the frequent TJ issue of no vent from the dash or demist. A bit from the floor.

They said that the A/C seems fine. All gased up etc BUT there is not enough vent working. Is this a pressure vent thing? I'll get a more descriptive assessment.

Not gettinguch air put of the vents? Are you getting all your fan speeds? Check the opening under the cowl... frequently packed with leaves and debris.

-Mac

Not getting much air put of the vents? Are you getting all your fan speeds? Check the opening under the cowl... frequently packed with leaves and debris.

-Mac

Thanks Mac. I'll check that. Each fan speed works. Floor vent works. Nothing from the dash or windscreen demist.

Reactions: macleanflood
Interesting because the defrost is the one thing that never breaks... it's the default position and failsafe.

-Mac

mmmm I've watched sooo many video on this A/C issue. I've been distracted into the heater core etc. Now it appears my A/C mechanics is ok my attention will turn to the vent switching.

You mention the screen defrost default position. Would this suggest a lever arm breakage? or a vaccum leak?

Last edited:
Thanks Mac. I'll check that. Each fan speed works. Floor vent works. Nothing from the dash or windscreen demist.

FWIW, pull the knob to make sure it's not cracked. I've had a few do that.
AC Heat knob.jpg

The coolant has started to leak again onto passenger floor. I'm going to try the K-Seal again but this time not have it washed out.