Ram 1500 Eco diesel

Have heard a lot of bad from eco type vehicles. My neighbor had the ford four cylinder eco which promptly ate itself. The ram eco diesel intake plugs up with carbon and gets expensive to repair. Guess I’d look for a hurricane version of the ram if I were looking. I’ve got the hemi and so far it’s been great. I’d avoid eco vehicles till they resolve the hiccups in them.

Have heard a lot of bad from eco type vehicles. My neighbor had the ford four cylinder eco which promptly ate itself. The ram eco diesel intake plugs up with carbon and gets expensive to repair. Guess I’d look for a hurricane version of the ram if I were looking. I’ve got the hemi and so far it’s been great. I’d avoid eco vehicles till they resolve the hiccups in them.

Thanks. I have a 2021 5.7 and average 10-11 mpg pulling our travel trailer and some guys on the 5th gen form are getting 14ish with the same size and weight of our trailer. And also the 25 to 30 mpg on the hwy, compared to my 18ish. I've had two 6.7 Cummins and I guess I'm just missing the torque while towing.

Thanks. I have a 2021 5.7 and average 10-11 mpg pulling our travel trailer and some guys on the 5th gen form are getting 14ish with the same size and weight of our trailer. And also the 25 to 30 mpg on the hwy, compared to my 18ish. I've had two 6.7 Cummins and I guess I'm just missing the torque while towing.

I was looking at them a while back. It seems the 2019 and older are POS and had more than one issue but then the 2020 & newer had the issues fixed. I liked the idea of getting 20+ MPG on the highway when not towing and still having a full sized truck. But I don't have one and haven't ever driven one so I can't say how well they do.

Reactions: DavidBT