Rampage soft top kit

ukfan2

I bought a rampage soft top kit, hardware and all, for my 99 tj. I know this will sound really stupid, but how do you take it down? Always had a hard top. Nothing in the instructions at all. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hey. How is all the good people?

Well hopefully

I have the Bowles soft top from rampage. It’s still on and very difficult to finish it off with the back piece. Use a blow dryer. I put it on in the winter because I am impatient and cannot wAit. Did not have a heat gun but since now I see they are like 13.00 I should have just purchased one. What issues are you having

I have the sporty fast back style

Oh Chris. Installed new seats since last posted and a tv / dvd stereo in dash and today are the KC highlites fogs going in. I have to fabricate my own wiring harness plugs from the original factory fogs because as expensive as KC ‘s are they do not fit my TJ

image.jpg

I am interested the discussion Of the wiring of the TJ fog lights.

Oh I also put on a new bumper. For like six months I looked for these HD bumpers that fit the winch that also had the protection the bar the bully bar and they were always 400 and up and then about two months ago I seen one on eBay for under $200 it was so worth it look at the picture

image.jpg

Yes, fold it back. I did install it. I've got it down but it doesn't look right to me.
Sorry, maybe a little more clarification...I thought you could not take it down, but you actually have. Do you have a photo of the issue? That would help see what you would like to resolve.

Hey. How is all the good people?

Oh Chris. Installed new seats since last posted and a tv / dvd stereo in dash and today are the KC highlites fogs going in. I have to fabricate my own wiring harness plugs from the original factory fogs because as expensive as KC ‘s are they do not fit my TJ
I am interested the discussion Of the wiring of the TJ fog lights.

Oh I also put on a new bumper. For like six months I looked for these HD bumpers that fit the winch that also had the protection the bar the bully bar and they were always 400 and up and then about two months ago I seen one on eBay for under $200 it was so worth it look at the picture
Not sure what this has to do with folding down a soft top...

Sorry, maybe a little more clarification...I thought you could not take it down, but you actually have. Do you have a photo of the issue? That would help see what you would like to resolve.
Still at work will send one later. I've basically got it rolled up in the back

I'm thinking you're not satisfied with the way it folds (or doesn't fold) flat in the back...that can be an acquired skill. After a year and a half with mine, I still don't care for the pile of top in the back. It seems I used to be able to get it down lower, but that may have been due to the thinner material tops used to be made of. I have yet to fold my sailcloth top to my satisfaction...

Reactions: KCsTJ