Rancho Shocks for 4" Lift

CNYJeeper

Supporting Member
Looking at old threads and Rancho's website, am i correct that there's no specific 9000XL shock for a 4" lift??

I see only for 3.5" or 5" lift ... I got to be missing something, right?

Question is: Since I'm not too familiar with shocks, should I go with the 9000XL for the 3.5" lift or 5" lift??

Is there something to think about regarding travel length??

Definitely go for the shorter 3.5" lift size recommendation, Rancho's shock guide shocks are too tall. And having had Rancho's RS5000X previously and running their 9000xl shocks now I wish I had stayed with the better riding RS5000X. Even on their least stiff '1' setting the RS9000xl is pretty stiff.

Reactions: LakeBeard
Definitely go for the shorter 3.5" lift size recommendation, Rancho's shock guide shocks are too tall. And having had Rancho's RS5000X previously and running their 9000xl shocks now I wish I had stayed with the better riding RS5000X. Even on their least stiff '1' setting the RS9000xl is pretty stiff.
Thanks!

Here the roads are terrible - cracks & potholes galore. Maybe I'll think about going the RS5000 route.

The rS9000s are way too stiff. Do not buy them. The 5000s are also stiff. Good luck. I put the skyjacker black maxes on mine. They ride softer.

Some people say they're "mushy" and too soft. Damn those opinions! :unsure:
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I wish my rancho 9000s were better. I really wanted to like them. The number one setting felt about like the 5000s it bummed me out.