Rancho springs? Thoughts

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
I've been looking into their 2.5 spring set to go with my RC shocks and I was wondering if anyone's had experience with any of their products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC shocks are garbage. What you'd be wise to do is keep the RC springs (assuming they are lifted springs) and go with Rancho shocks.

I say that only because it's not the RC springs that are going to affect how your Jeep rides as much as it is the shocks.

I picked up a set of Rancho RS5000X shocks for $200 from Amazon, plus the $50 rebate, that put it at only $150 for what are IMHO the best shocks you can get for a TJ!

But on that note, Rancho builds the best shocks our there for the TJ, so I have to imagine their springs are great as well.

Reactions: Cheetokps and JMT
I'd do the opposite, get Rancho 5000X shocks to go with whatever springs you currently have. The RC shocks give a notoriously bad ride. Change those shocks and you will be in hog heaven. At $200 for a full set, minus the $50 rebate through authorized suppliers, like Allen's Off Road, you will be set.

Reactions: Nicholas
Can you find a vendor that will sell just the Rancho springs without selling you their entire kit?

I've been looking into their 2.5 spring set to go with my RC shocks and I was wondering if anyone's had experience with any of their products

If you are trying to fix a poor ride, replace the shocks.The springs are not the problem.

If you want to change the ride height then look and both springs and shocks because the shock won't be the optimal length for the new ride height.

Reactions: Chris
If you are trying to fix a poor ride, replace the shocks.The springs are not the problem.

If you want to change the ride height then look and both springs and shocks because the shock won't be the optimal length for the new ride height.

Well I wasn't planning on really softening the ride my spacer kit shocks are rated for the 2 lift it is and the springs are the 2.5 springs so I'd assume it I'm not gonna notice much a difference. Now I know if it's a 1-2 inch shock/spring difference it won't help.

RC shocks are garbage. What you'd be wise to do is keep the RC springs (assuming they are lifted springs) and go with Rancho shocks.

I say that only because it's not the RC springs that are going to affect how your Jeep rides as much as it is the shocks.

I picked up a set of Rancho RS5000X shocks for $200 from Amazon, plus the $50 rebate, that put it at only $150 for what are IMHO the best shocks you can get for a TJ!

But on that note, Rancho builds the best shocks our there for the TJ, so I have to imagine their springs are great as well.

Really been on a budget, i got the car completely stock and I know it's best to do it right things first but I wasn't looking for anything crazy for the trails so I went with the RC shocks and BB. Went with that because from the reviews I've heard they were good and that the shocks are about the same as stock ride. Then of corse when I go in this thread everyone's telling me their shit[emoji23] hurts my pride because I worked hard to put it on with the other stuff I did to my car and I put it on myself [emoji23] but you do have to listen to the big picture sometimes so I'll keep it in mind and I guess I'll save more

Reactions: Chris
Really been on a budget, i got the car completely stock and I know it's best to do it right things first but I wasn't looking for anything crazy for the trails so I went with the RC shocks and BB. Went with that because from the reviews I've heard they were good and that the shocks are about the same as stock ride. Then of corse when I go in this thread everyone's telling me their shit[emoji23] hurts my pride because I worked hard to put it on with the other stuff I did to my car and I put it on myself [emoji23] but you do have to listen to the big picture sometimes so I'll keep it in mind and I guess I'll save more

No one is trying to knock you down man just trying to help out and make sure you know that there is better out there. weve all been a budget and understand why you did it that way. we are all here to help and see you and your jeep grow other then that have a good day man and enjoy your pig.

Reactions: MikeO
No one is trying to knock you down man just trying to help out and make sure you know that there is better out there. weve all been a budget and understand why you did it that way. we are all here to help and see you and your jeep grow other then that have a good day man and enjoy your pig.
@Blank, I'm pretty sure you meant to say "...and enjoy your rig"... o_O :rolleyes:

I understand man thank you

Hey, first of all, nice TJ! I love red. Second, I commend you for installing the B.B. and shocks. That’s a big deal and lots of folks on here won’t touch that job. Third, as an aside, I’d love to see more pics of your TJ. :) Also, what you have is a really good start. All our builds are in progress. Some slow and steady @bobthetj03 and others fast and furious @JamesAndTheSahara and others in between. We’re all on some budget! Keep up the great work. If your looking for some good springs in the 1-2” range, look up H&R, BDS and OME. ;)

Reactions: bobthetj03
Hey, first of all, nice TJ! I love red. Second, I commend you for installing the B.B. and shocks. That’s a big deal and lots of folks on here won’t touch that job. Third, as an aside, I’d love to see more pics of your TJ. :) Also, what you have is a really good start. All our builds are in progress. Some slow and steady @bobthetj03 and others fast and furious @JamesAndTheSahara and others in between. We’re all on some budget! Keep up the great work. If your looking for some good springs in the 1-2” range, look up H&R, BDS and OME. ;)

Thanks brother

Reactions: JMT