Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

I've always wanted to get to Pitcairn Island, for some strange reason. The place fascinates me. Likelihood that I'll ever get there is next to nil, however. Hell, a single jar of honey (about 8.75 ounces) from there is $300 shipped to the U.S., so I can't imagine the cost of a trip there with any kind of accommodations for lodging. Maybe when I'm gone, I'll have my ashes sent there to be spread out. ;)
Heck with the ashes.. If I don't hit the lotto (the only way to fill my bucket) before I die, I'm just gonna tell the Ferryman to save me a seat on the next ferry! I got some place to see!!

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
I've always wanted to get to Pitcairn Island, for some strange reason. The place fascinates me. Likelihood that I'll ever get there is next to nil, however. Hell, a single jar of honey (about 8.75 ounces) from there is $300 shipped to the U.S., so I can't imagine the cost of a trip there with any kind of accommodations for lodging. Maybe when I'm gone, I'll have my ashes sent there to be spread out. ;)
Pitcairn Island has always been in the back of my mind. As it was in the 1700s, its still remote enough to serve as a bolt hole of last resort.

Reactions: Squatch
Pitcairn Island has always been in the back of my mind. As it was in the 1700s, its still remote enough to serve as a bolt hole of last resort.
Yep. Love the history ('cept for the fairly recent sexual assault scandal) of the place, and the absolute remoteness. I'm sure the life there is anything but easy, but I'll allow myself to romanticize it all. ;)

• Love
Reactions: reddvltj and Zorba
Found these to-day . . . . . Roosevelt elk.

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

As long as they are not eating the Koi in my pond
One had a fish over the weekend that I think was a Koi. Not a fish from the creek I could ID, reddish belly and really large scales, darkish brown back. Might have been a carp, was tough to tell but not a common fish I typically see them eat.

Reactions: MountaineerTom