Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG

Schrade 'Wolverine' . . . . .excellent field knife. Made in the U.S.A.

Grew up with a Eucalyptus forest on the property. I really miss them.
I did too as a kid in the Central Valley, about 3 acres of windbreak. These were too close to the house and I had three removed previously that were laying over part of it, for $2k. These I convinced PG&E were a hazard to their lines when they informed me that they would have to take three trees. That piece was from a tree that fell across my back yard.
E7BBD272-6A7D-4529-B684-0D4F89508473.jpeg
A3F5E59A-2792-4514-8C4C-CB9479130825.jpeg
97B455F2-03CA-484F-83F2-B74474B1BC11.jpeg

I did too as a kid in the Central Valley, about 3 acres of windbreak. These were too close to the house and I had three removed previously that were laying over part of it, for $2k. These I convinced PG&E were a hazard to their lines when they informed me that they would have to take three trees. That piece was from a tree that fell across my back yard.View attachment 305906View attachment 305907View attachment 305908
Looks like it almost flattened R2D2 in the corner of your deck

got a little bored and headed north to check on some fire trails. nearly hit a deer on the way, less than 5' off the front bumper at 55mph.

drove for about a half hour only seeing one snowmobile in my trek. turned around once the tire tracks thinned down to just one set.
🤷‍♂️ didnt tell anyone I was going & had nothing but a couple pull over sweaters, a tow strap & a jar of nuts. wasn't gonna push it on a Sunday night.
87E3F2AA-2EF4-4BD6-8DD3-915902D81852.jpeg

These tracks are about 15 minutes old. Three wolves were trotting beside a young cow moose. Two on one side, and one on the other side. Four abreast coming my way at 40+ yards along the grassed over logging road. I shot the single wolf, the other two disappeared like smoke, and the young cow passed me at little more than arms length. I don't believe she even saw me. Her head was down and she was in shock. She stopped about 20 yards behind me, head hanging down, legs splayed. The wolf that I hit, made it to a strip of timber along a creek where other wolves were probably killing it. Howling and growling for some time. I was directly in line of three wolves that were in hunting mode. Was I in danger? . . . . I don't know. If the young cow had been a bull moose, would I have shot it? Again, I don't know . . . . I was hunting moose. Have rolled these scenarios through my mind countless times.
Hixon, BC. September 2010

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG